Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Back!

I went to the gym last night planning to do another modified cardio session but with an inkling that I might be able to do more. I got on the elliptical and started going. I felt fine so I decided to go for it! I did 15 on the elliptical and took a crack at the Couch-to-5k. I was on Week 2 and thought, with being sick, I might have to go back to Week 1. I decided to try Week 2 and, yay! I was able to do it. It wasn't a cake-walk but I got through it. I then hopped on the upright bike for 10 minutes and burned a total of over 500 calories, my target. Yay! I'm back! I did lower body weight-training but ran out of time. I couldn't finish my whole routine but now I know I can do my regular gym routine. It's so weird how I got worried I wouldn't be able to come back. Old habits, old fears, I didn't want them to creep in and derail me and they didn't. It feels good to weather a storm.

Now I'm in the midst of my feminine cycle and that might cause a gain or for me to stay even in my weight this week. Plus I've not worked out as much as before I was sick. Still, I have a bit of hope I might lose a tad. We'll see. I weigh in tomorrow and I'll be sure to let y'all know.

I want to end on an up note. I'm not sick! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle