Sunday, March 30, 2008

Riding through the Wildflowers @ McInnis Park

I did it! I bought a bike. It's beautiful. It's made by a company called Marin and the model is Hawk Hill. Hawk Hill, I learned, is a hill at the tip of the Marin Headlands where it's the best spot to watch migrating birds. Here's my bike!

Isn't it nice looking? It has front suspension, mechanical disk breaks, etc, etc. So even though my legs were killing me from my return to the gym I had to get out and ride it a little.

I went to a nearby park, McInnis, that has some flat trails that wind through wetlands and wildflowers. The path was often stacked high on both sides with wildflowers growing tall and beautiful. I haven't put my odometer, mph computer thingy on my new bike yet so I don't know how many miles I rode. I left there and rode over to the water district trails a couple miles away. I had to ride up a small incline and I was happy to see it was relatively easy for me. Okay, here's the rest of the pictures I took.



Alright, so changing the subject entirely. I like Ramen Noodles - Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles - usually Chicken. But one thing they all have in common, they're really high in fat. For that reason I never have them anymore. I was grocery shopping the other day and saw something called Choice Ramen. In the whole package (who eats a 1/2 package anyway?) it has only 2 grams of fat and 280 calories. That's 5 Points. At 380 calories and 14 grams of fat regular Top Ramen would be 9 points! They tasted pretty good (I added a little salt!) and the noodle consistency was different but not in a bad way. I almost like the noodles better, they're not as mushy. It's not something I'll be eating a lot of but it's nice to have an option to eat Ramen noodles if I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle