Friday, November 9, 2012

Goooooaaaalllllll

Goal Weight
There it is folks, 145.0 pounds.

5 years, 8 months and 25 days.  That's a long time to work toward a goal.  Admittedly I wasn't working toward it the entire 5+ years, I did have a couple of kids during that time.  Well, I suppose even during those times I was in some ways still working toward my ultimate goal of lifestyle change, if not actively trying to lose weight.

I got on the scale this morning expecting to see 147 point something.  When the 145 popped up I was shocked!  Goal weight, and right on the money.  I weighed myself two more times.  Yep, it's real.  I guess the TTOTM bloating went down overnight!  I even weigh less than Miguel now.  First time ever.

I went to my weight watchers meeting and hoped I would be under 147 with all my clothes on.  147 is my official WW goal since I'm clothed.  I was shocked to be 145.8 on the scale there.  So I got my goal star and have started the 6 week maintenance phase until I reach lifetime.  I'm excited to stop paying for WW. 

I was giddy all morning knowing that I had finally arrived.  I know this number doesn't really change anything, but it just feels so good to finally hit it.  So good.

As far as eating I plan to keep doing what I'm doing.  I don't really feel like I'm "dieting" per se.  I think I'm eating a healthy, balanced diet.  I'll just have to see what happens with my weight. 

I'll close with a picture I took the other day when testing out outfits for the triathlon.

Happy with my body.

And one I took of myself before going out with the girls a while back.  What can I say?  I'm feeling good about myself these days :)



14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, congrats!!!!! What a big day and good luck with maintenance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching goal! What a fantastic moment :) I've been reading for a while but rarely comment. I've read all the hard work you've put into this achievement. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy guacamole GREAT job!!!! That's SOOOO exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! Just an awesome result and a real inspiration. But it's the whole you that you've become that's just the best result. No wonder you like you right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - You know that you now officially need an "After Pictures" tab??!! How ridiculously good is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Michelle! I've been following your blog for a few months and find so much honesty and inspiration from you. You look terrific and you persistenc, determination and hard work have paid off in getting to GOAL , I look forward to following you through this new phase in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your story!! I also help people tighten, tone and firm those trouble spots with the Ultimate Body Applicator from It Works. Sometimes after losing weight, the skin is not firm. It's an all natural detox wrap that you can do at home and it starts to work in 45 minutes! I have four children myself and have been amazed at what this product can do and could do for anyone who tries it! I would love the opportunity to write a guest post or be featured somehow on your blog. I also write a style blog at www.stylishlyeverafter.blogspot.com to inspire my clients to dress for their own style after they've transformed their figures! Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon!! Please come LIKE my facebook page at www.facebook.com/wrapwithstyle. Would love to hear what you think and answer any questions you may have!

    Shannon
    www.WrapWithStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!!!!! You are such a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! That's brilliant! You look A-mah-zing!!!! I've been following you for over a year now and look what you've achieved! Such an inspiration and I'm sooo keen and pumped up to follow your example! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle