Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Run Outfit of the Day

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed. I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!]

Hey there! Yes, it's almost midnight and I'm just starting this post. Bad blogger! But I want to get a few things out there before I sign off for the day. I think a list will help keep this post short.
  • I was featured in the Runner's World online column, RUNootd (stands for Run outfit of the day).  I tagged this pic on Instagram and it got picked up. How fun! I'd entered their cover magazine contest but when I read how inspiring some of the other entrants are I threw in the towel on that concept. Listen, I gotta get in that magazine. I can die a happy girl then. So, not the cover maybe, but this column is a step in the right direction :) I better keep running!
  • Speaking of... an exercise update. I skipped the gym yesterday. It was a combination of being very busy catching up at work (it was my first day back) and feeling tired. But today I went. I had to overcome a bit of that, "Oh, but I don't feel like going to the gym," it was hot, late afternoon - good time for a nap. But no nap, I went and ran 3 miles on the treadmill in 27:32 (9:11 minute miles - woot!) and then did legs/shoulders/core.

  • And...I have me some tight muscles. I was remembering that the day after past backpacking trips I'd get a massage. I think a massage is in order. When??

  • Eating is so-so. Scale has jumped back up to 149.something. Fucker. I wouldn't have a problem with it except I'm sitting here with a bag of almost empty chips which contains 5 servings and which I've eaten entirely by my lonesome. All is not lost, I made several goal-oriented eating choices today and I'll pick up again tomorrow and continue to fight the good fight. Just as soon as I finish these chips. Oh, and I might be pre-menstrual. Hence the F-word.
That is all. Goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud! I often swear at the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my this was entertaining! I have been so busy lately I haven't even had time to keep up with your blog. Had just a minute today and thought I would jump in and see what's up, and I was greeted with this post! Too funny, and it's so unusual for you to drop an F-bomb that I laughed out loud - I love it! Made my afternoon - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your running outfit! Mine is very similar to your when I go workout.

    My motto is to keep it simple while being comfortable :). Looking at your outfit has made me proud to tackle my weight problems and do a complete body transformation. Your website is a real motivation :) Thank you and great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation for being featured in the Runners World Online Column. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle