Friday, November 23, 2007

Balancing Act.

So after my training session I wasn't able to work out for 2 days, I had to skip Tue and Wed due to pain in my legs They were still sore yesterday (T-day) but I was determined to go. I really wanted to balance out the Thanksgiving food. I did 45 min cardio and once my legs were warmed up they did alright. Then I did some upper body weight training. I ran out of time and had some pain walking down the stairs but all-in-all I was damn happy I went.

I don't know what to say about my eating. I think I did fair but not great. At one point I told myself I was done eating for the evening but went on to pick on honey baked ham, pumpkin pie, chips and guacamole, cake.... Obviously I didn't keep my, "I'm done eating" vow. Still, I'm trying not to think too much about it. It's the black-and-white thinking about food that I'm wanting to change. It's ok to overdo it on Thanksgiving, right?

Lots of comments about my having lost weight. Everyone wanted to know what I was doing and were just so supportive and complimentary about how I'm looking. It's hard to accept compliments like, "wow, you look great!" when I don't feel like I look great. I find myself thinking, "well, better than I looked before but not great." Damn, no worse critic than myself.

My normal WW meeting day weigh-in is on Thursday. No meeting yesterday due to the holiday. I have to wait another week to weigh in. I think that's good though, keep me from obsessing about what I ate on one day. It's amazing how I go from not giving a crap about what I eat to fixating on it. I need to find balance.

Anyway, I'm headed to the gym today to do cardio and the rest of the upper body work I couldn't finish yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to do lower body until early next week. Going to the gym today and tomorrow will put me at 5 visits this week, which is my goal.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle