Saturday, May 10, 2008

You Want The Good News or The Bad News?

Well, it's always nice to close with Good News so let's start with The Bad. Boooh! I have a leg cramp. It's my right calf actually and it's been hurting for a few days. When I was in the pool last week a few times it started to cramp up but I moved it around and it didn't but it still hurts. I went to the gym yesterday and did the elliptical followed by c25k Week 7, which is a 25 minute run. It didn't really hurt but was, I guess, uncomfortable. Today Miguel and I planned to go on a road ride but I've decided to let my leg rest over the weekend. I have another week of training next week (I have to put that in italics because it's just too funny to me that I'm training for something) and I want to make sure I'm up for it.

Alright, Bad News out of the way. On to the Good News!

At Weigh-In on Thursday I lost 1.6 pounds!! That puts me at 168.6 and I am now in the 160's. Wow. Just Wow. When I got into the 170's I felt things were getting surreal. Now they are surreal. I went shopping with Mom yesterday after work trying to find a bathing suit for this weekend (ugh!) and I also tried on some pants. They were these small looking size 10 slacks and dammit if they didn't fit me! Anyway, I'm going to revel in my 160-ness.

Oh, I took a picture of my new cubicle. Isn't it cute? I love it. I put up Hawaiian flower pictures from a calendar for decoration. The Tuesday after the Chocolate-Monday fiasco I hung up a picture of my tri top to remind me I have something I'm working toward. Someday soon I'm going to try on my tri outfit (which is this top and tri shorts) and take some pictures in it to share with everyone. It's...shall we say...fitted (aka, the stuffed sausage look) so it's not the most flattering outfit I've ever worn, and I'm not 100% sure it's what I'll end up wearing on race day but so far it is. Anyway, here's a picture of the top hanging at my desk.



You can't really tell in this picture but I put some yellow highlighting around the edge of the picture to drive home the point. In Weight Watchers they talk about Anchoring, and while this might not be exactly what they have in mind it's the same idea. Using something that reminds you of your inner strength and goals to get through a tough time. Actually, this blog is an Anchor for me. Sometimes I read old posts to remind me how far I've come, how I've struggled but carried on, how I've had times when I felt I failed but I kept on and eventually had victories again. It's good for me to remember that right now because this calf cramp thing is bothering me. I'm afraid it's not going to go away, get worse, and sideline me altogether. But I know it won't because I can't let it, I won't let it, I'm in control (for the most part ).

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the leg cramp! I used to get those swimming if I pointed my feet weird. I hope it passes soon! Nice new cubicle! It looks much better than most, but probably because you put your personality into it!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I love this blog. Im sooo proud of you! Im too afraid to get back to WW but I must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...I love that you decorated your cube in such happy flowers. I miss having that sort of space at work to feel like my own. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle