Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and the Wonderful

Forgive me Al Gore for I have sinned, it has been 6 days since my last blog post.

As far as my week goes...

The Good:

1. Tracked...for a full seven days!
2. Got in an extra day of exercise when I walked 3.5 miles to an appointment instead of driving.
3. Had vegetables with nearly every dinner.
4. Started process of changing workout room to baby room.
5. Received four bags of cute baby boy clothes from a friend!

The Bad:

1. Gave in to temptation at the office...more than once. No, I didn't have an affair with the geeky/sexy finance guy. It was See's Candy. And peanut M&M's.
2. Was insufferably irritable for 2 days straight and for the first time really wanted a glass of wine. I was so cranky Miguel informed me he's never getting me pregnant again. I had ice cream for dinner that night.
3. So far this weekend I haven't done any recreational stuff. And if I don't do something today that extra day of exercise will no longer be an extra day.
4. Am getting laid off at the end of October.
5. Chocolate covered peanut-butter-stuffed pretzel squares. Mitigating factor: There were about 10 left and I stuffed 'em down the garbage disposal.

The Wonderful:

1. Haven't gained any weight according to the scale this morning.
2. In the middle of the night last night when I came back from the restroom Miguel reached over and put his hand on my belly.
3. Mom offered to pay for my Cobra health insurance premiums after I'm laid off. Oh, and thank you in advance America, i.e. Taxpayers, for unemployment benefits.
4. Shoshana made goal! We all know what a huge accomplishment this is. Congratulations Shosh! You worked hard, you persevered, and you ROCK!

18 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the shout out!!

    I think that you're wonderful news kind of erases the pretzels and not working out.

    I am sure that Al Gore forgives you for not posting for so long but we might not LOL.

    Wait...you have a cute guy in your finance dept?? I am on the next plane out.

    You're pregnant and doing great, give yourself some slack sister I want my nephew to be healthy and happy, like his mama

    xox from NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the scales are tipped in favor of the good and the wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to try to outweight the negative with the positive (or in your case, the WONDERFUL)!

    I was looking at your little baby graphic... have you felt any kicks yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all that opening cracked me up :) Al Gore is a legend in his own mind.

    Second, the good and the wonderful definitely outweigh the bad. I am sorry you're losing your job but you're welcome for the unemployment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the good points! YAY!! And please let us know when you finally have that affair.

    And, I'm sorry, but I didn't wear the yellow ones. The race report explains it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see nothing 'bad' here! :-)

    All the good and wonderful stuff completely wipes everything else out.

    My most famous first pregnancy 'freak out moment' was when the hubby made me a PB&J and he didn't match the bread slices, so the jelly was dripping out one side - I cried.

    At that moment, he decided we would have an 'only child'. ;-) Needless to say, THAT didn't happne...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry about the bad list! But kudos for being able to look and find the positives also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a week!

    Just so you know...there all kinds of things that happen when you are pregnant that nobody ever told you about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut M&Ms are crack to me. They should be outlawed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have some wonderfulwonderfuls there (especially the COBRA. does it make me old that I think that?)


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post..Its beautiful!!! Sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing great and I love how positive you are. We should all learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so sorry about the job. Hopefully it will open up the way for something better.

    You are a fitness and food rock star, grumpiness and cravings related to nascent human being notwithstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhhh... See's Candy! :) But, don't vegetables cancel out candy? *only in my dreams.* Nice job stuffing the PB stuffed pretzels down the garbage disposal.

    Too bad about the job, but that's also terrific about your mom helping out. I know this will sound cliche', but everything has a way of working out, ya know?

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The good: nice to read a new post from you and to catch up.

    The bad: bummer on being laid off, but love the fact that it was like number 1 million on your 'bad' list.

    The ugly: not really sure there wsa anything that ugly.

    Have yourself a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is what I get for not updating my blog and keeping up with those blogs, such as yours, that I've come to love... YOUR PREGNANT!!! omg let me say congrats to you and your sweetie. I will definately have to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES YES, YES on tracking!!!! I think you taught me that. I'm so happy you've been able to do this again. The exercise sounds about right..fun on some days, necessary on others.

    I can't wait to hear how impressed the nutrtionist is after the next visit.

    You're rocking the pregnancy, Michelle. Love you lots

    -k

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you for putting those pretzels down the drain. That takes some serious will power! Congratulations on tracking for a week and for fitting extra workouts in. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle