Friday, December 12, 2008

A Slightly Overdue Update

I guess that's a bit of an understatement.  I've just been in my own little world lately, feeling somewhat disconnected from the rest of mankind.  My therapist tells me it's a natural phenomenon in pregnancy, that we turn inward and sort of tune out.

Anyway, on to some updates!  I am 27 weeks pregnant today, and by some accounts this is the first day of the 3rd trimester.  Can you believe time has flown by that fast?  Seems like just a few weeks ago I was posting about being pregnant.  My belly and baby have grown, along with my thighs.  More on that in a bit, but first, some pictures!

Here's the little guy at 25 weeks, who is still nameless, by the way.

That's a 3d image of him.  We have so much fun speculating about whose body parts he's inherited when we look at this picture.  I'll wait until he's born to make any final determinations :)

Everything is developing normally and we couldn't be more thankful for that.

Speaking of things developing, I started my new job.  It's so much new and different to learn and that alone makes it pretty exciting.  I work with a great group of professionals who are all interested in the work, which only adds to the feeling that I'm in a good place.  It's a little odd to be in a new job with the knowledge that I'll be gone for a while before too long but I'm just putting one foot in front of the other and trying not to think too much about that.

Ok, back to baby stuff.  My family threw a baby shower for me last weekend in Southern California.  It was a beautiful day and I received some of the most adorable gifts!  I also received some needed basics, which was nice too.  I can't wait to dress him up!

The tables were set with beautiful flowers and little babies and pacifiers.  So cute!  And the food was too good, I ate way too much!

 
Here's a glance at the little man's gifts.  That's a diaper cake on the table and a bassinet in the background.  I can't wait to set the nursery up.  Miguel's taking classes this weekend so we won't be able to paint and get the furniture up until next weekend at the soonest. 

Here's a good shot of my growing belly!  That's my cousin who is preggers with her third little one!  She's given birth naturally both times and was very inspiring to me.  Most women get a scary look on their faces when I tell them I want to have a natural childbirth so her reassurance was much needed.  I'm on the hunt for childbirth classes.  We're either going to take a Bradley Method series or a hypno-birthing series. 


And finally here I am opening presents.  I have a Boppy on my lap.  It's a pillow that you use when breastfeeding to help support the baby in case you don't have a bionic arm :) 


The whole day was just wonderful.  I still can't really believe we're having a baby.  Talk about a mind blower.  The little guy moving around is a constant reality check though.  He shocks me sometimes with his kicks!

Let's see...oh, weight.  Ugh.  It's going okay.  Could be better, could be worse.  I've gained 20 pounds so far.  And I was reading in my pregnancy book the other day, "Now we're entering into the period of serious weight gain."  Great.  I'm 184 and really hoping to stay under 200 just to keep morale up.  I won't lie, my eating's been marginal and my exercise nearly non-existent.  All I can say is I can't wait to get back to Weight Watchers.  But I took my gestational diabetes screening the other day and thank goodness that was negative.  My blood level was only 102 and you have to go over 140 to screen positive.  Phew!!

Nothing much else going on I'm sorry to say.  I've just been sitting around gestating :)  Thank you to all of you who have hung around and asked about me, I'm sorry I've turned into one of those bloggers who leaves everyone in the lurch wondering what the heck's going on.  I hope to not wait so long to give an update.  But before you know it I'll be posting tons of pictures and going on and on and on about how beautiful and amazing and perfect my baby is.  At least that's what seems to happen to people who have babies!

22 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear how you are doing! Glad that things are going well. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! How exciting! It's good to hear that everything is well.

    I don't know much about pregnancy, but you look so little! I figured you'd be good and round by now.

    PS I think he has your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy and fabulous! I agree with Kelly, you look so little in the pix.

    PS..you're gonna LOVE the Boppy! It was the best gift EVAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle,

    I wish I could be one of those people you could tell you want a natural birth to.

    My eyes would light up with wonder. It is THE most amazing experience. As a woman who has been in the room with many people as they give birth and then lucky enough to do it myself... all I can say is that I am so looking forward to doing it again and every day I look at my beautiful daughter in awe!

    You look fantastic. Well done on your gestating to date!

    Look forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad to get an update! the picture is amazing! looks like you had a wonderful shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogging land!

    I've missed catching up with you via cyberspace.

    You look GREAT and the ultrasound shot of your child is amazing.

    Enjoy these days -- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea... an update :) Loved the pictures and glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic and really happy!

    btw, those pillows are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ultrasound picture is amazing. Wow.

    You are looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pregnancy becomes you! You look quite radiant and wonderfully fit!

    I'm glad to know everything is going so well. I knew you were super busy with the new job.

    Ditto on the Boppy -- And when you're done with it, the cat will find it rather cozy. LOL

    I did natural childbirth for both of my kids. For my first it was planned that way, for my second I didn't have a choice because he came so fast. The mind is a pretty powerful thing. Recovery was pretty quick because I didn't have those drugs in me and neither did my kids.

    Take care and update when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous! Don't worry about leaving us in the lurch...you are doing important things (growing a baby!). We'll be here waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you the best--you're going to make an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear everything's going so well at work and at home. I had natural childbirths for both my daughters. (You don't have a choice on an Alaskan island!) They seem harder during childbirth, but I think you rebound more quickly afterward. Good luck with the birthing classes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic and sooooo happy!! I am so excited to come out there in the spring to meet that little man and of course to see you.

    The shower looks so perfect. How cool is that 3d image of him.

    We've missed you.
    XOX
    from NY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been stopping by to see how you have been, you look wonderful and so happy.
    The 3D image is so cool, it will be fun to show to him when he is a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy to see an update and to see that you are doing amazing!! You and the baby look so cute and wonderful! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going great and the new job is too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, thank you for the update Post!

    I'v been following your Blog for a long time and was so worried when there wasn't a post after Election day.

    I'm happy that things are goind so well for you... and, please take it from a mom (my sons are now 17 and 20 - how did I get so old?) who had both of her babies NATURALLY (no drugs at all), you CAN do it!! Just when you think you can't stand the pain, it goes away and you do - then it's off to the next one! But truthfully, it's the only way to go for a healthy you and baby too!

    Best wishes and Congrats - You look Ah-mazing!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you updated! Just wanted to hear you're OK and it sounds like you and Baby are perfect. Hooray!

    I think you look adorably pregnant, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to hear from you Michelle! I can't believe you're near the end already! Time flies doesn't it? You look fabulous and I'm so glad you and baby are healthy and well! This is such an exciting time and I'm glad you are sitting back 'gestating' and enjoying every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are positively g-l-o-w-i-n-g, and the 3D ultrasound is amazing. The shower looked beautiful...fun times! Strange, but I love the smell of all that baby stuff...lotion, new diapers, the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are positively glowing, my dear! seriously, you look wonderful. and your little bundle of joy looks like he will be quite handsome!

    that boppy is GREAT! for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you're back!

    Congratulations and best of luck in your final trimester.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle