Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dashing Past the Cookies

My mother's club had a "cookie exchange" board meeting last night.  Our board meetings are always fun and festive but this one was especially so with wine, food and tables covered with yummy cookies.  I ate a 1/2 slice of Papa Murphy's chicken garlic pizza before leaving home.  I looked up the NI and I think my 1/2 slice was probably about 250 calories.

I went to the party and had a couple/few small glasses of cab (wine) and some food, though not much.  After the business part of the meeting was over we exchanged cookies and I went around picking out what looked good to me.  I should have picked out ones that did not appeal to my taste but I wasn't that clever.  I ate a one on the way home and another tiny one when I got home.  Then I promptly wrapped them up in saran and put them to bed for the night and felt okay about my cookie consumption.  I meant to send them to work with Miguel this morning but forgot.  I will have to take them to a potluck at work tomorrow.  In the meantime I'll be flexing that willpower muscle to resist them.  Ahh, the holidays.  Good thing we're not going to a ton of parties.

Today is a gym day - I'll  be going after work.  I have a 3 mile run on the agenda, along with strength training, core work and stretching.  I talked to my employee wellness personal coach this morning and she suggested  I do some inclines on the treadmill in preparation for my half marathon.  I think I'll give that a try today if I don't run outside.

So, while I was on the Papa Murphy's site looking up nutritional info I saw this:


It's bigger than your appetite?!  That's not a good message when it comes to eating healthy.  Then again - it's pizza.  Not exactly healthy fare in general.  Though I did learn they have a "lite" crust?  I'll have to try that next time - just not in the 5 meat variety!

Oh, and yes, tomorrow morning is weigh-in.  I'm feeling like I've maintained but we'll have to see. Sometimes the way I feel is wholly disconnected from what the scale has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle