Monday, January 16, 2012

A Couple Beers and Frosted Flakes

So we had some friends over last night to watch football.  Mostly I was cooking and watching the kids but I indulged in a couple of beers for fun.  For dinner I had 1.5 pieces of grilled chicken thighs, a piece of carne asada and zucchini.  I started to feel munchy not too long after dinner and ended up eating a cookie, some m&ms (yes, they are back in the house for potty training but this is the 1st time I ate some so I'm doing ok) and then, before bed, a bowl of Miguel's Frosted Flakes cereal.  Ugh.  I tried to tell myself to make better choices but myself wouldn't listen.  I know it was the beer that made me not care what I ate.  So today I am trying not to beat myself up.  I wish today wasn't a day off from exercise, I could use the positive energy I get from working out. 

A mom friend and I met with our kids at the playground this morning.  I ran and kicked the soccer ball around a bit but mostly I was just standing around.

I feel like I want to ramble on about my food intake last night but I need to let it go.  Man, alcohol just always makes me want to eat crap.  LET IT GO MICHELLE.  There - maybe that will help. 

The kids are napping now and I'm playing with my running playlist.  I just added "Break My Stride" - I love that song and it seems made for running.  We'll see how I like it when I do my run tomorrow.  Really looking forward to a nice 3 miles and some strength training.  Goodbye Sunday - Helllooo Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Wine and I have this funny relationship. It always wants to be friends at about 5:30pm. I managed not to have any the last couple of days - it does make a difference!

    Break my stride - what a great song! Gonna go add it now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingi - Yes, alcohol. It would be fine if it were just the calories but it always makes me want to eat fried food (or whatever I can get my hands on). I've been hardly drinking at all lately because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you start munching it's hard to stop. It's not the end of the world - just remember to start new tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle