Wednesday, January 25, 2012

There's an app for that

Today is a rest day.  Thank goodness because my back is sore, but it's a soreness from strength training, which is good.  And I just feel generally kind of tight so I know I need the rest.  Things are going to get interesting around here during the next week or so.  My beloved grandfather is passing away and I'm flying down south to be with my mom.  There may  be another trip with the whole family soon to say our final goodbye.  I love my grandfather, he's been sick for some time and I feel good that peace for him is coming soon.  He and my grandmother were married for 60 some years and she passed a few years back.  It's nice to think of them being together. 

I have a 5 mile run tomorrow and the gym.  When I'm down there I usually pay a day use fee a the local 24-hour fitness.  We'll see how things go, if nothing else I think I can get a run in.  I know there will be a ton of food around but that doesn't mean I need to overeat.  This is life and at times like this you just do what you can. 

Changing subject...So I was talking to a friend about how I wish someone would invent a water bottle that beeps at you to drink it.  Then, when you do, it resets and beeps at you again a few minutes later - or however long you set it to beep.  I'd keep that sucker on my desk and hopefully drink enough water.  Well, she tells me, "there's an app for that."  At first I dismissed the idea but then figured since my phone is on my desk all the time that might be almost as good.  I downloaded an android app called Drink Water Beta.  It pops up with reminders periodically to drink water and you tap it whenever you drink a glass so it keeps track.  Mostly I like the reminders.  It's very uncomplicated, which I like, and it's already helping me to drink more water. 

Finally, a change to weigh-in day this week.  Since I'll be in LA on Friday and I am not packing my scale, though you know I considered it, I will weigh myself tomorrow, a day early, as my official weight for this week. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. What a gift that you will be able to spend some time with him now.

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your grandfather. That is wonderful that you are able to get away and spend time with him and your mother.

    I love the idea of that app - I am usually good about drinking water, but lately work has been so crazy, lunch rolls around and I realize I haven't had much to drink at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your grandfather. Prayers are with you and your family. I love the idea of that app. I do not drink nearly enough water. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle