Monday, March 26, 2012

Trusting the Plan

Happy Monday!  All day, for some reason, I felt like it was Thursday, but no such luck.  I'm going to talk a bit about food...

Breakfast:  Grape nuts, 1/2 banana, 1% milk
I measured for the first time in years.  I was worried I was eating way too much but the measured amount wasn't that much less than I've been eating.  I sliced 1/2 banana (fruit are 0 points on the new 2012 WW program) on top, something I haven't been doing lately, to bulk it up a bit.

Snack:  other 1/2 of banana from breakfast

Lunch:  Chipotle with a co-worker
I ordered a taco kit from the kid's menu and chose 2 corn tortillas with barbacoa (shredded beef), black beans and onion/bell pepper mix as my 3 choices.  It comes with a 1% chocolate milk (which I saved for a snack on another day).  I skipped the chips altogether.  The kid meal is actually a quite fine amount for an adult.

Snack:  1/3 of a clif bar (maple nut) and an apple

Dinner:  Tacos, sauteed zucchini
I made the taco meat from ground beef and sausage.  I wanted ground turkey and turkey sausage but the store I went to had neither.  So dinner ended up being WAY more Points than I planned.  But the tacos were seriously good.  I cooked the meat, drained off the fat, and then mixed in a can of refried beans.  Lots of taco seasoning later and it was so yummy.  I built my two tacos with a bit of the meat, grated cheddar, pico de gallo and a tiny bit of sour cream.  I sauteed two zucchini in a tiny bit of olive oil and ate those too.  I tracked all of this and dinner turned out to be 18 points.  Remember, I get 26 for the day!

It's a darned good thing I exercised today!  I earned 7 activity points and they all went toward dinner.  And of course I had to dip into the "extra" points too. I now have 13 extra points left until Friday.  Should be interesting.  I find myself doubting if I can lose weight eating these AP points but I need to trust the program and see what happens this week.  Then I can make adjustments if I need to.

Speaking of exercise...I went to the gym after work and did 25 minutes on the upright bike followed by strength training - chest/triceps/core.  The bike was a challenge but doable.  Strength training felt good, I like doing chest and tricep stuff.  I have some serious triceps - it's too bad they are hidden under an even more serious layer of arm-fat!

p.s. I really want something to eat, preferably something sweet, but I'm having tea instead.  Night all!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad about the ground turkey and ground sausage but it still sounds like you did alright. Good luck with the new WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg. I was thinking this morning I could have just made a new plan but I really had tacos on the brain. I have such a hard time figuring out what to make for dinner on the days both Miguel and I work, when I come up with a plan it's hard to shift gears. Seriously though, they were *really* good and I limited it to two with probably 1/4 cup of the meat filling per taco so it shouldn't come back to haunt me, I hope. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of healthiest fast food options is a Fajita Bowl at Chipotle. . .been written about in many diet books, Men's Health magazine. Eliminate the cheese and white rice, get it with chicken, peppers/onions, beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, even guacamole. . .around 540 calories, with 14 GRAMS FIBER;-)) Might be more than your goal per meal, but worth the extra after a hard workout. You can even get it with brown rice these days, or without if you're trying to slash carbs!! The beans make it plenty filling!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle