Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes!

Yesterday, Tuesday, was a good day.  In my insanity Monday I missed the fact that it was my one-year anniversary of being "back" on track.  What a year!  I lost over 40 pounds and got back to my pre-baby weight.  So yesterday I did a little mental happy dance and celebrated my achievement.  Fortunately there was no cake involved in this celebration.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch...things are slowly returning to normal around here.  My eating is returning to something in the sane realm, I'm tracking everything and I'm feeling better about things in general.  My mind still jumps back to Sunday and Monday and the choices I made but I quickly remind my brain that we're moving on.  I am so appreciative of the support I got from all of you.  It's sometimes maddening that you can be at this for as long as I've been and *still* have those days when you feel like all is lost, like you're doomed to failure, like you've done irreparable harm - despite all the historical evidence to the contrary.  I guess that's what makes those days and the thinking that goes along with them irrational.  I just wish that intellectual knowledge took the bad feelings away - maybe one day.

Oh!  I almost forgot, the MudFactor pictures were posted.  There was one of me!  This is going over the medium-sized wall, I think.  I love the view in the background, it really was a gorgeous day.


So today is a day off from the gym but I went yesterday and did 25 minutes on the upright bike and chest/triceps/core work.  The core work was kicking my butt for some reason but I did it.  My free year is up at my gym soon.  I have to decide if I'm going to stay or not.  Miguel is going to a 24-hour gym a few towns away but we're thinking about joining something local together.  Problem is, mine is only open until 9pm and he needs one that's open until 10 because he sometimes works out when the kids go to bed.  I visited a few so we'll see.  I'm sort of emotionally attached to my gym so this is going to be hard.  But I hope we can find one we both like that's not going to break the bank.  I already told Miguel I want to cut down our cable bill, we hardly watch tv at all anyway.


I have some fun news.  A few weeks ago I received an email from the George Foreman grill people.  They are running a 12-week "diet" challenge using the George Foreman grill.  I filled out the application and just received word that I'm in!  I'll get a free George Foreman grill, meal plans and recipes, support from a registered dietician and "other incentives" throughout the 12 weeks.  Once I get the starting kit I have to send them my measurements, weight, pictures, etc.  The contest officially starts on June 18th and there are prizes. To be honest, I don't have high hopes of winning anything, I'm just looking forward to trying out the grill and having the support for 12 weeks.  I've actually been considering buying one so I'm excited to try out the grill.  I hope I can put a frozen chicken breast in it.  And I hope they send me one big enough to cook for the family!  I see they have one that holds four burgers at once, that's what I need.  Though there is no requirement for me to blog about the challenge but I'm sure I'll be telling you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle