Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Whole Lotta Fun!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was full of good times.  I spent the morning home with the kids and then we all went out to run some errands, including getting my son's hair cut. That was fun.  Not.  After all the errands I took the kids to a local burger restaurant for lunch.  I ordered them corn dogs and sweet potato fries but struggled to find something decent for myself on the menu.  In the end I ordered a BBQ chicken salad with no cheese, no croutons, no bacon, no ranch dressing - no, no, no.  I was left with lettuce, tomato, grated carrots and sliced chicken breast coated in bbq sauce.  It actually wasn't bad.  And I had a few sweet potato fries and maybe a bite of corn dog.  I was trying to keep the calorie count low because of my dinner plans.  Oh, and I had probably a 1/2 cup of soft serve ice cream.  Miguel ended up meeting us for lunch so that was nice.  When the kids went down for their naps I did little household stuff.  It was a day off from the gym so no exercise for me.  Other than holding my screaming kid during a haircut.  Ugh.

But dinner - now that's where the fun comes in.  I went to dinner with some very awesome fellow mom friends.  We went to a nice restaurant in Larkspur.  I had a few pieces of fried calamari/onion strings for an appetizer.  I also ate bread and butter.  And then a beet salad with goat cheese.  Yum!  Oh, did I mention I was drinking?  In the end I'd had 3 vodka sodas.  For my main course I had roasted trout resting on a lovely bed of creamy, buttery risotto.  And don't think after all that I was too full for dessert.  I had the molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.  Oh, and I had a profiterole filled with vanilla ice cream with melted chocolate on top.  And decaf with cream and sugar.  A totally unrestrained meal.  And when I step on the scale in the morning and I am up 1-3 pounds, well, there will be no mystery as to why.  I am 100% ok with that.  Of course I'd rather this be a magical world where I can eat like that and still see a loss on the scale but I know full well life does not work that way. 

The thing that made it so fun, besides the yummy food, was the great company.  And probably the vodka.  I had such a good time.  Lots of laughter and commiserating.  I wish I had more evenings out like that.  Maybe one day, when my kids are older, there will be time for dining again.  For now, probably best that there's not because a good restaurant is always an excuse to eat, ahem, well.  Anyway, I logged my entire meal and the tracker said it was 70 points.  More than two days' worth of food.  I wish I could just not eat for two days to balance things out but we all know it doesn't work that way.  Oh well, it was worth it.

1 comment:

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle