Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Motivated!

Mostly.  This current bout of motivation started late last week and despite having a very challenging run on Saturday, I'm still feeling fired up to lose.  I think being within 5 pounds of my goal weight has me feeling extra motivated to get there, finally.  So after many years of resistance I have finally started taking a multi-vitamin.  I'm just not that good at taking a pill on a daily basis and I haven't been convinced that I really need one.  I've always thought that if I eat a balanced, healthy diet I probably don't really need to add vitamins to the mix.  But, I'm getting to be, ahem, well, not as young as I used to be and SO many women have told me that it makes them feel better so I'm in.  I went to Costco and got a huge bottle of (cue booming male voice)...Premium Performance Multiiiiii.  Of course I was sold on the name.  I'm also taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin pill and a Super B Complex (I think that's what it's called).  The Super B might be overkill as there's plenty of B vitamins in the multi.  Anyway, today is the second day in a row I've taken them, which is probably already a record for me.  I'm hoping to feel a difference in my energy levels from taking all these horse pills.  Dammit vitamins are big!

On the fitness front things are moving along well.  I had a nice day off from exercise on Sunday.  We took the kids to a local community picnic and had fun watching and joining in their fun.  Miguel had his soccer game in the afternoon so I took the time to submit my final documents for the George Foreman challenge.  It's been 12 weeks already!  I lost a little less than 6 pounds during the 12 weeks but the biggest thing was that I moved into the normal category on the BMI scale.  I'm still getting used to officially not being overweight.  I heard a news snippet on the radio this morning about how more Americans than ever are falling into the Obese category and I thought, not me, not anymore.  It feels good.  I took my final pictures in a bikini but I don't have the guts to post them here.  On the sly I posted them in the during section of my blog so if you want to see them you can go there.  I also shared them on my Facebook page and was overwhelmed by the positive response.  I look at those pictures and tend to see flab and fat that I want to lose.  But all the positive comments helped me to see that my view remains really skewed and that I must look pretty good.  I still feel like they are "before" pictures from a P90x commercial.

Ok, back to fitness.  Yesterday (Monday) I took myself to the gym and did 25 minutes on the upright bike, level 8, random.  Whew, it was hard.  I was sweating and probably grunting at some points too.  I hate it when someone is sitting next to me without headphones, I get self conscious about how much noise I might be making during my suffer-fest on the bike.  Anyway, I did it, and felt good about it.  Then I did legs/shoulders/core for strength training.  I haven't done a legs routine in weeks and was a bit nervous about how it would go.  But I did fine.  It was mostly not too hard, but not easy either, and only a few exercises really had me struggling.  I was happy with that.  And it felt really good to be settling back into my routine.  Today is Tuesday and I was supposed to do a morning run.  Didn't happen.  Now I have to try and squeeze it in after work.  4.5 miles is tough to "squeeze in" since it's nearly an hour of running.  But we'll see, I can get creative hopefully.

My eating has been good. I have been tracking 100% and staying within my points.  I was feeling munchy last night and ate a large portion of pseudo-healthy multi-grain chips last night, followed by hot cocoa made with milk.  But I had the points for it so I just logged it and moved on.  It's a good thing I didn't have any chocolate in the house or I would have gone overboard. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle - I'm a newbie to your blog and just loving it. You are a real inspiration and I have to say those bikini photos you sneaked in are AWESOME! You should be sooooooooo proud of yourself. I can't remember how I stumbled onto your blog but I am glad I did (hell I didn't even have an account so all new to me!). I am doing my first tri next month and some of your older posts have been so helpful. Loving your journey. Much love from Down Under. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MsE! Have fun at your first tri - there's nothing like the first one so enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and found this post to be so inspiring! I started my weight loss journey two months ago using the Fullbar program. So far using Fullbar and a new exercise program I have dropped 15lbs. When you see success with your hard work it is uplifting and makes you want to keep working hard

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle