Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's Pouring

You know how they say, when it rains it pours? Well it's pouring buckets over here. I'm posting this from my cell phone. Because my daughter dumped water on my laptop and now it won't turn on. I've been very tired all week. I thought it was due to having more on my plate than usual with Miguel being away, and this cough that won't go away.  But when I went home early from work yesterday because I felt so bad I figured it was time to see a doctor.

I went in this afternoon and the doctor listened to my lungs and immediately sent me for a chest xray and blood work. Several hours later I get the call that I have pneumonia and am told I am "very sick". The doctor started me on antibiotics and put me on full bed rest. I might have then drowned my sorrows in a bag of candy. But it's going to be healthy eating from here on out. This is not a reason to gain 5 pounds. Because then I know I'll feel even worse.

Here's a picture from the x-ray today. I'm smiling because I still thought everything would be okay. And everything will be okay. I have to remind myself it's not that earth shattering. It's just a little scary for someone like me to be told to lie down and do nothing.  What if I don't get up? But those are old fears, right? I've changed, right? This is a temporary setback and I'll be back to normal before too long.


Thank goodness for the kindness of friends. I've got a movie and lunch being dropped off in the morning and chicken lasagna is being made for our dinner (thank you leigh and danielle!). And to Wendy and Catherine, Michelle and Alison and all others who have offered help...thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Pneumonia is serious. Take care of yourself! I hope your computer is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Computer was kaput. But the hard drive was fine so I got all my stuff so it wasn't so bad.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better, Michelle :( Do what the doctor tells you to and you'll be up and at 'em again in no time. You won't NOT get up - that's not you anymore...even if you feel like the old you is still there, the NEW you will hold that girl down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I know you're right, I really do, just feeling blue about the in-between time.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! This is not good news at all. Please take it easy & rest up! You're a trooper though, you'll pull through.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow those orders to a tee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it. It's not easy with two toddlers but working on it :)

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle