Sunday, March 10, 2013

Self Talk

Don't be silly, Michelle. You still have the same amazing body you had last week. Yes, I just said I have an amazing body. Amazing in so many ways, not the least of which is evidenced by the muscles in my legs and the strength of my core. And despite all the eating you've done since Wednesday, and the lack of exercise, that hasn't changed. Just like you didn't earn this body in one week, you can't ruin it in one week either. Or even four weeks.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. A quiet Monday to rest my body and reflect on my goals. Thank you all for the support and advice. I'm getting my head wrapped around this one, it's  taking me a few days but I'm getting there.

My son's birthday party was a huge hit today!  I'm being a good patient and resting in bed right now, posting this from my cell phone. I'll share some party pictures in my next post.

I'm tossing in a fitting room picture from a few weeks back. Feeling a bit more confident back then. I ended up buying the sweater, despite my normal rejection of 3/4 length sleeves, but I skipped the pants. I've become a big fan of hot pink. Emphasis on the hot. Wink.

6 comments:

  1. I think your feelings are so normal! This is the first time in a long time that you CAN'T work out. We're not talking a week, we're talking 3 or 4. You really have to reel it in on the sympathy/emotional eating too which I know can be sooooo difficult. You don't have the exercise to balance it out. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell you to slow down a bit, listen to your body more (like you said), and teach you to deal w/ adversity w/o turning to food. From one foodie to another, I know it's not easy! This is a good time for you to reflect, journal and hold on to what is really important in your life! I know you can pull through this w/o sabotaging all your success. I also know that first gym visit is going to feel so great even if you struggle a bit. Your body is fabulous now and once you're in shape, it honestly doesn't take that long to get back to where you left off. Hang in there girl---we are alllllll rooting for you!
    :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, you're giving me great advice. And it's nice to be cheered on. This will be a learning experience for sure.

      Delete
  2. pink looks good on you. i too love me some hot pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle! I just came across your blog...I am a 17 year maintainer and wish I could say that I trust myself a bit more after all this time, but I do feel that if I slow down too much, all the weight I lost in my former life will come flying back on. I'm an avid runner but just had foot surgery at the end of Feb., so like you, I went from exercising like crazy to doing absolutely nada. It's very disconcerting but after 2 weeks I'm realizing that the world won't end if I gain a pound or two, and for the most part I am viewing this time as a chance to really eat deliberately and make nutritious choices that will hopefully aid my body in healing (and yes, dark chocolate and red wine are high on my list of healing foods). Hang in there, rest up, and get well! You look terrific and your transformation is really incredible. You have a great deal to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph. I'm trying to keep it in perspective and being reminded that most of us hit road bumps somewhere along the way is good. Gaining weight during this would be hard but I should work on accepting that possibility now. A pound or two I can handle...10 pounds would be a challenge. But I am not the number on the scale - must remember that too. Dark chocolate...yum. Thanks for the support!

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle