Friday, November 15, 2013

Slightly Astray

Welllll, the week isn't exactly wrapping up like I'd hoped. I planned to exercise yesterday and today but neither happened. Yesterday turned out to be busier than I expected and by the time the workday was done it was time to get ready for a dinner out with friends. I was planning to wear a dress but just didn't have that dress feeling - probably because it's TTOTM and I'm all bloaty - so wore jeans and a blouse with a blazer. I love blazers, I never felt cute in them before losing weight but now they're a fall staple.

Dinner was interesting in that I had quite a few drinks and didn't feel under the influence. I think that means I've been drinking too much lately. I had 2 glasses of champagne, a glass of wine and most of a small glass of port and didn't feel even slightly buzzy. My dinner eating behavior was good. I was in wonderful company and I think that kept me distracted from the food. Even the yummy desserts we all shared didn't lead me to overeat. Alcohol + restaurant food usually = an overfull feeling but not this time.

Had I not had the alcohol at dinner I might have been tempted into a late night run. Or not. I woke up this morning with a scheme to get to the gym after work. Didn't happen. I was tired and dragging come late afternoon and didn't have the mindset to get myself there. Danger, Michelle...this is not the way. Tomorrow is Saturday, typically a rest day, but I'd like to get some exercise, and just might, depending on how the day plays out.

Sunday I have plans to go to brunch and wine tasting with my fabulous mommy friends. That's going to involve some calories for sure so if I get a run or something in tomorrow that would be good. And tonight I might've had the remainder of Miguel's birthday cake from Wednesday. That was after having leftovers from last night's meal for dinner tonight. Leftover Friday I guess. A nice wallop of calories there too.

So, as you can imagine, my gusto is a little busto at the moment, but two steps forward and one step back will get me there eventually. Thank you for all the support of late on my blog and on my FB page. It's been great and much appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. That's what I love about new days. It's a reboot for health. And if that doesn't work I always like to shout, "You can do it!" :) HAve a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love about new days. It's a reboot for health. And if that doesn't work I always like to shout, "You can do it!" :) HAve a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only human. BTW I talked about you in my latest post. You are one of my top 5 favorite bloggers and inspiration!
    http://www.therunningnurse.com/2013/11/five-on-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in good company on your blog and with the others you love :)

      Delete
  4. We all have times like these, and that's what makes us human. The big take away here is to let this setback motivate you :)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it happens to the best of us. And since I think you really are the BEST of us, then it just means you're only human. Hopefully you got your workout in on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle