Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 10: Holding steady

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

I stayed up way too late last night. I was tired, though I just couldn't get myself to settle and go to sleep. The alarm went off bright and early and for the first half of the day I felt good with plenty of energy. Around midday though, I started to crash. Coffee would have done the trick but I wasn't really tempted. Something about detoxing off the caffeine makes me not want to go back on it. Which is kind of sad because I like coffee.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a fried egg

This breakfast didn't keep me as full as the last time. Probably because of the more regular exercise and burning through the calories? Or being on my period - that makes your appetite stronger, right? I dunno. Anyway, I felt hungry most of the day and that, coupled with poor planning, made for a sad eating day.

Snack: 2 slices of deli ham

Midday came around and I had no plan for lunch. I stopped by my house to see what I could scavenge.

Lunch: 2 slices of deli turkey, a large avocado.

I know, I know - another day of not eating so great. But work was busy and I was just dragging due to lack of sleep so I barely noticed.

Snack: Banana, orange

I ran some errands after work and then grabbed something for dinner.

Dinner: Trader Joe's Spinach & Bacon salad.

550 calories and 35 grams of fat, that seemed like a good balance to the day's food intake. The salad had cheese in it, which I didn't notice until I tossed the salad. I went ahead and ate it of course. After dinner I had a cup of hot mint tea. It was very relaxing.

So there you have it, a simple day with simple food, mostly. I've been wondering how long I'm going to keep this challenge up. I'd like to finish it but at the same time, I feel like I can accomplish my purpose without finishing the 28 days necessarily. My purpose to check out the gluten-free thing with gluten is mostly resolved, I don't think I have an issue. And the purpose to break some bad eating habits is going great, though I would like a bit more time eating cleaner than usual so I'm not quite ready to dive into a bowl of steaming curry noodles. Not yet, anyway.

8 comments:

  1. i still think you're doing great. currently, i've been sticking with the "diet" that i'm doing right now for 15 days straight! so proud of myself for that accomplishment. and i had a HUGE non-scale victory today when i got to work and there was my FAVORITE donuts in the world and not only was i not tempted...i didn't even want one!!! what the what!!?!?! who is this person? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. Isn't that such a magical experience, when you find you actually don't WANT the "tempting" food? Love that!

      Delete
    2. it really is! i was just so amazed that not only was i not tempted, but i didn't even want it! so weird but so awesome at the same time!

      Delete
  2. We are all so inherently different....what works for one will make another go crazy. If what you are doing becomes counter productive then its time to say good bye....challenge or not :) I wish I had a Trader Joes by me. that salad looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, totally agree. I'm thinking what I'll do instead of quitting outright though, is modify, modify, modify.

      Delete
  3. I was just admiring your arms in your header! How long did it take you to get so ripped? :) As far as your eating I sound like a broken record, but you already know - not enough food, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think it's genetic. My thigh and calf muscles are crazy too and I'm not super low body fat. I didn't get an ass but I got muscles!

      I know on the food, I'm trying to make better choices but it's so hard when you're on the go and trying to avoid certain things. I need a personal chef!

      Delete
    2. I got an ass for sure, not so much in the upper body department!

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle