Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Quick Hello

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

So much going on but tonight is not the night to be blogging about it, I have to get some sleep! Tonight will be just a quick recap of my fitness and food.

I was at an all-day training at work today. I packed healthy snacks and started out right eating them. But as the day progressed, my eating choices tanked. I had a yogurt parfait with granola and fruit after my snack of an apple and a cheese stick. Then I bought, and proceeded to eat throughout the day, a large bag of trail mix, the kind with candy mixed in. Lunch was one fried chicken thigh. After all that trail mix I wasn't that hungry.

After work I went to the gym. For the first time in a few days I had time to do my full workout. I ran on the treadmill for 3 miles, even upping it to 7.0mph for a few minutes. I'm working to get back to my previous pace. It's getting there. I had to push myself for that last mile. I've never claimed this was easy. Well, sometimes, but not today.

After the treadmill I did chest/triceps/core. I'm feeling really good about my core strength. It's also getting back to what it was. Not quite, but close. I wrapped up feeling strong, which is always good.

Dinner was a 6" subway sandwich - chicken breast, no cheese, veggies and vinegar and mustard. It was plenty after the almost-pound of trail mix was probably still in my stomach.

That's it. I've gotta hit the sack. Exciting stuff to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an ok eating day to me. Keep pushing forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, in the end it wasn't so bad. But that was a REALLY big bag of trail mix :)

    I balanced it out with the fried chicken :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sugar always triggered me to.... more sugar... tough cycle to break for me. Here's to another day....

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle