Monday, June 23, 2014

In the Driver's Seat

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed. I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!]

Should I lead with the bad news or the bad news?  I have a cold. That's the bad news. The other bad news is that I think it might mess up my RMR and VO2 Max testing later this week. So I'm taking tomorrow off, hoping the rest and relaxation will kick this thing to the curb entirely.

My eating is strictly meh, though I did get a little internal wake up call that has me thinking a bit more straight. I've been acting like I don't have any self control, as if this whole evening snacking thing is beyond me. Have I forgotten who I am? What I've accomplished? Time to get back in the driver's seat and accept some responsibility for where this thing is going. 

The personal issues I've been dealing with continue to, well, continue to need to be dealt with. Having my mental energy used up on navigating these issues is another factor here, one that I probably don't acknowledge enough in my writing. It's just so personal and honestly when I think about my eating and exercise there's a way in which I'd like to pretend the rest of my life is no influence on those choices.

Meanwhile...back in reality. Right?

8 comments:

  1. Feel better...emotionally and physically!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You know what you need to do, and you know all the good reasons why to persevere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do...why do those reasons seem so elusive at 10:30pm?!

      Delete
  3. I just check out your blog! I love it! I am an aspiring loser as well. I have 35 pounds to lose and I am also 44. I would love to hear how you did it! I know that things my look bad right now but from what I can see you are a champ! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have those battles to overcome...you've got this!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle