Monday, January 4, 2016

Healing Fairy Dust Needed

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

I started the day like this... 



I posted on my Facebook page about how sometimes I dress "cute" (by my standards) to motivate myself. Something about wearing something fashion-y like skinny jeans and boots makes a positive impact on how I feel, which makes a difference in how I eat.

But that wasn't enough to ward off an impending stomach flu. I ended the day like this...


I've been in bed since 6:30pm, wishing for the illness fairy to be nice to my GI tract. I know, none if it is pretty. Isn't it sad that I thought about how I'll probably lose a few pounds through this? Yes, it is. I'm not perfect, I have those diet mentality thoughts sometimes too, and, 1) this is no way to lose weight, I'm sick for crying out loud and,  2) it's not real weight loss. My innards will get replenished, as they should, as soon as I'm healed up. 

Ok, I hope I can sleep now, so that fairy can sprinkle her healing dust on me. 

12 comments:

  1. Ack! I hope you feel better! That was me about a week ago...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better! I channeled your strength and went to my first WW meeting today. It wasn't nearly as scary as I'd worked it up to be in my head, although I can't believe how much I weigh. I'm excited to start this journey, inspired by you! (Not Oprah!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had those thoughts too... the stomach flu or a virus and you think, "Well, at least I'll drop a few pounds." I appreciate your honesty about it. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle