Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Jumping Spirit

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

The week is fully underway here and I am happy to report, I've already gone on a run! Can you tell I'm excited? I ran 3 miles today. I contemplated doing a loop that would put me at 4.5 miles but decided to play it safe. I'm just getting back into running, no need to push myself now. My Garmin agreed with me, telling me my "recovery check" was "fair". After my run on Sunday the watch told me I needed 72 hours to recover, and today's run was only 48 hours later, so it all made sense.

My pace has picked up some since I started back. Last week I ran my midweek run with an 11:35 pace, today it was 10:51. Honestly, though, I'm running by feel rather than putting much  attention on pace. Not worrying about pace makes the whole experience so much better.


So I ran 3 miles and then I went in to do chest/triceps/core. It's been quite a while since I've done a push-up. I don't think I wrote about my weight lifting comeback plan. Basically, I'm doing all my same exercises from before but doing less reps/lower weight. With push-ups, I used to do three sets of push-ups, 20/15/12 reps. Today I did two sets of 10. And those last few were hard, but I did them. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. 

I took a post-workout picture. I think I look drained after having pushed myself. But my spirit is jumping up and down, even if my legs can't.


ps - eating is getting better. The scale isn't going down, but I'm not worried about it. I know how this works, I do my part, and the rest falls into place.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You are on the right path! And isn't it crazy how sometimes when we get one aspect (either food or exercise) that the other seems to follow suit and fall into place also. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely look like you worked hard, but you look like you also feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the accomplished smile, I love that about running, I haven't in almost 7 months, maybe its time to reacquaint..thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle