Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Under the weather but still kicking

So I've got this lingering cold. Not bad really but just enough to add to the challenge. I have a little less energy than usual and have annoying symptoms like a stuffy nose. So far I've made it to the gym three times this week (including yesterday!) but need to go today to make it four. It's 12:30 and I just ate breakfast so I can't go for another hour or so. I have to go today. Something about missing my gym goal that just doesn't seem to be an option.

I made some yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. You buy a 10 count pack of biscuits, I bought buttermilk that were 110 calories each. You know, the kind that pop when you open the can. Preheat the oven to 400°. Flatten them into 3" circles. Put 4 mini marshmallows in the center and sprinkle the marshmallows with a mixture of cinnamon and Splenda. Squeeze them shut, sort of shaping them into a ball. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on top. Rolls may pop open during baking but they're still good. They are 5 points for two rolls and they are yummmy. Most of the calories come from the biscuits so if you find lower calorie ones the rolls will be lower points.

I took my body fat this morning on my Tanita scale. 39.5%. That means I'm 74 pounds of fat. I've been hovering around at this percentage for a few weeks. I just read that women in my age range should have between 15 - 23% body fat. That means that right now I'm 113 pounds of lean mass. So I can weigh 147 pounds and be at 23% body fat. That assumes I stay at 113 pounds lean mass, which I hope to increase through weight training. In any event, I now have to lose 16.5% body fat, which is about 31 pounds. When I lose 31 pounds I'll weigh about 157 pounds, not 147. So I'm confused. I need some math help I think. Oh well, I have some time to worry about these things

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle