Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oooouch @ SF Giants

So far this week I went to the gym Wednesday and yesterday (Friday). Yesterday was the first time I've done legs in weight training since March 13th, so 15 days. I'm feeling the pain today. My calves are sore, my quads are sore. It's all sore. I'm going to pass on the gym today and go tomorrow for the start of a new week. I'm going to be starting Week 4 of the c25k program and am, shall we say, apprehensive about the 5 minute jogs. I know I will succeed as long as I stick with it.

I went into SF last night for a Giants game. It was quite chilly and misting/raining most of the game. It was a good time but I ate way too much! I had Garlic Fries and a Hot Dog at the game, plus about 2 beers. Afterward we went to a Salvadoran restaurant and I had 1.5 pupusas (they were pretty big!), 1/2 of a pastelito, and part of an enchilada (which looked more like a small tostada). It was all very good but I was way over-stuffed and I don't want to know how many calories it all was. I'll be eating pretty close to my Points for the rest of the week.

On the way home I saw a sign advertising the SF Marathon in August! That's the one that has a 5k option which is my goal to run. Even at doing each week twice I should have plenty of time to finish the Couch-to-5k program by then. That even allows for a few extra repeat weeks if needed, or sick weeks, which I sincerely hope to not have any more of.

Today I'm going to look at bikes (again). There are two bikes I plan to check out today and I might make a decision today. I'll definitely be posting pics of my bike ASAP if I get one!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are keeping busy..So glad I found your blog

    you rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I discovered your blog from Amy's place.I have a sister name Michele who is a Social Worker and works with Adoptions..She has a full life at work and enjoys every minute of it.I also have a daughter your age who was in a marathon in New Year 2 years ago, when she was 3 months pregnant..She just had another baby 8 weeks ago..I am sure she will get back into running again..We are all in the same boat with losing weight..Good luck with your journey .. Come for a visit when you have time. Baba

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle