Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Slump City


After I miss a few days at the gym I start to get down. A few more days and my thinking gets negative and my mood turns glum. I start to think I'll never get back to the gym and that I'm destined to be overweight and out of shape. I start to dread going back to the gym. Miguel and I have named this irritable, negative state as being in a slump. You guessed it, I had a slump.

It started with my getting sick again. I was hoping to start back to the gym this past weekend but it didn't happen. I wasn't feeling good enough. I finally decided today was the day. I haven't been to the gym in 13 days. It was do or die time. Well, not quite that dramatic but you get the point. I made it (yay!) and things went alright. I was coughing a bit during cardio and the upright bike was downright tough, but I did 50 minutes total cardio and burned 500 calories.

That included my Couch-to-5k program. I'm still doing Week 3, which, after the 5 minute warm-up walk, looks like this:
-90 second jog (5.0mph)
-90 second recovery walk (3.7mph)
-3 minute jog (5.0)
-3 minute recovery walk (3.7)
-90 second jog (5.0)
-90 second recovery walk (3.7)
-3 minute jog (5.0)
-3 minute recovery walk (3.7)

This was my 7th day of doing the Week 3 program. The 3 minute jogs weren't easy but I got through them. I did upper body weight training after and left the gym pooped. I'm going to switch to Week 4 next week. Week 4 starts with the 5 minute warm-up walk and then looks like this:
-3 minute jog
-90 second recovery walk
-5 minute jog (!!)
-2.5 minute recovery walk
-3 minute jog
-90 second recovery walk
-5 minute jog (again?!)

Wow, I've got a couple of challenges in store for me.

On the fun front I got to wear one of my new shirts. I wore the purple one that says UnderArmor across the chest. It's a little shorter than the others so when lifting my arms my tummy shows. Eek! Fortunately when my arms are up my tummy seems somewhat flat so it's not too horrendous :)

So I have a confession. I haven't been tracking my eating since I got sick. I haven't tracked a full day since Tahoe, almost 2 weeks ago now. Tomorrow is when my Weight Watchers week starts over so I'm going to start tracking again. I have paid attention to my eating, but I can't be sure if I've been in my Points range. I'll see how this shows up in the scale tomorrow. I'll have to wear my lightest weighing clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle