Friday, May 16, 2008

Top 10 Changes After Losing 67.4 Pounds

I went to my meeting last night. It was the first time I went out since the surgery and I wasn't feeling so great so I didn't stay for the whole meeting but I lost! 2.2 pounds!! Holy Goat Milk!! I have now lost 67.4 pounds in all. Can you believe that? Because I can't. It's just too much to conceptualize. So in honor of this I decided to post "Before" and "During" comparison pictures. What do you think? Can you see a difference? I'm only 1/2 joking. My mind is so distorted when it comes to images of myself that I look at these pictures and it's not that I don't see a difference, it's more like my brain doesn't register it. And as I sit here on the couch typing this I feel like the big girl I've always been. It's hard to explain. But my life is different, there's no arguing that. So, I've decided to post the biggest changes in my life in a list...

Top 10 Changes After Losing 67.4 Pounds:
10. My feet are smaller. From a size 8.5 to a size 8. Weird, huh?

9. My wedding rings no longer fit. They are WAY too loose. I have to get them re-sized soon.

8. None of my old clothes fit. Even my undies are too big.

7. I no longer dread going up the stairs in my condo (which means I don't hold my pee as long too!...TMI?)

6. My size 10 pants that I purchased from Old Navy not too long ago are loose!

5. I moved from a BMI of 38.9, just 7 pounds shy of Morbidly Obese to a BMI of 27.7, just 16.6 pounds shy of Normal

4. I actually enjoy junk food more since it's now a treat and not just an every day thing.

3. My garage is filled with outdoor activity stuff and my calendar is filled with plans for the summer!

2. I shop in the normal size section of the store.

1. And the #1 biggest change in my life since losing 67.4 pounds?? I can do ANYTHING I want!!!


So, as I wait for my self-image to catch up with my actual image I will focus on the changes in my day-to-day experience of life. I now have a body that can take me places and that is what I wanted out of this. I wanted to have the confidence to take on outdoor challenges, and I do. I wanted to live again, and I am.

8 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! AMAZING........YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you rock! I love your list :) Especially the part about your garage being filled with outdoor stuff and your calendar filled with activities! That's the kind of life I want to lead, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one of my faves sang, "You are so beautiful" Not that you weren't before, but now you have that Wow! factor. Pua was here yesterday when I saw this and she was blown away. She said, "She's so little!" I suggest you put that pic up where you can see it all the time and repeat after me,"That skinny girl is me!" As the others have said, you are an inspiration. I am so glad you are loving your life and able to do the things you want.
    Love you Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awesome! you look super!

    can we see a difference... HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Congrats on the loss!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you sure can see a DRASTIC difference! You look so happy in your "during" photo. Just gorgeous stuff.

    The best part is the "I can do anything!" feeling! That's what I am aiming for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes, woman, look at you!!! You look amazing! Your head will catch up to your body. It will happen. Just keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I just started reading your blog a couple of days ago (backwards so I could go through your whole journey) and it's incredible what you've accomplished! Thank you for sharing your story with those of us who are still on our way! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle