Monday, May 19, 2008

What Works?

Warning: whiny, self pitying, unmotivated post ahead.

That really made you excited to read this I bet. Damn, I feel like crap. I feel big, fat, aimless, out-of-shape, and in-a-funk.

So I got up this morning for work and my whole body just said, "Whoa, what is all this movement? Why are we not going downstairs to lay on the couch?" My body feels like I haven't moved in months, my lower back hurts, my legs feel heavy and I'm tired. Just tired. Is this how I used to feel all the time? No wonder I sat my ass on the couch for so many years. Anyway, I'm just down, my spirit is down, my umph is not there. As they say, My get up and go got up and went. Isn't this a pitiful state of affairs? Don't say I didn't warn you.

I keep reminding myself that I've been in this situation before. I've been sick before and had to come back, I've been unmotivated before and had to wait it out. Ok, what's worked in the past? Miguel going to the gym with me. So, call Miguel and ask him to meet you at the gym after work. Done. He and I have a date. What else? Read blog entries from when I felt strong and motivated. Will do this tonight after the gym. Eat clean. Hmm, what can I make for dinner? What can I eat that will make me feel healthy and strong? Shrimp or Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa and steamed vegetables. That's what I'm going to make.

Alright, I think I justed posted a plan to get my Umph back. If I follow that, I will come back. It's hard to fathom right now but the past tells me this will work. Thank you for listening.

5 comments:

  1. Um, Michelle?
    Let's take them one by one, shall we?

    Big? No. Look at that pic of you in the black dress

    Fat? No. Again, look at that pic and your scale

    Aimless? Hardly. How many runs are you signed up for? What have you been wanting to do since your surgery? Work out?

    Out-of-shape? Don't be silly. One week does not undo all the hard work you've put in for over a year.

    In a funk. Sounds like you were. Surgery, and the medication, can take it out of you both physically and mentally, so go easy on yourself, okay? I'm glad you're making plans to do what you can to make yourself feel better, and that you have Miguel by your side.

    I bet you'll feel better tomorrow or the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, what Kristy said :)

    I feel your pain and a plan is the best place to start. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you bet your bippy that you'll come back -- and sooner than you think at the moment, I am sure. Look at you, already with your plan to beat the funk. You are awesome. You will get past this. I know it.

    (It's Amy/the 40 project)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the blog entries is a good idea. I like to read ones where i was having a really big "I like me" day. PS: The license, for now, is LPC, or as it is in New Mexico, LMHC (licensed mental health counselor). I'm taking the NCE this summer. I am also taking MSW classes because that seems to be a more marketable degree, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kristy's comment above -- you are still kicking ass, even though you had to take a little break! I bet part of that lack of oomph is lack of those little endorphin rushes, too. Your clean eating dinner sounds super yummy...I want to try shrimp kebabs now!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle