Saturday, September 10, 2011

Find Sand, Insert Head

I decided on not weighing myself yesterday.  Well, sort of.  I weighed myself...but I didn't look.  I had Miguel look.  I told him if it was over 190 I didn't want to know.  He told me that it was.  Of course I had to pester him with questions.  Was it over 191?  Was it more than a pound over 189.4?  I thought you didn't want me to tell you?  I don't.  Kind of.  Anyway, he ended up telling me it was under 191 but over 190.4 pounds.  So I sort of know but I don't really know and I think not seeing those numbers myself will help keep me from getting the scale blues.

So on Thursday I finally met my c25k match with Week 6/Day 2.  The session called for two 10 minute runs with a 3 minute walk in between.  During the second run I started to feel a cramp building in the bottom of my left foot.  My calves were feeling a little crampy too but I had experienced that before.  The foot cramping scared me because I didn't want to suddenly fall.  I stopped at minute 5 and started walking.  I thought I'd have to walk the rest of the way but after 3 minutes I decided to try and complete the last 5 minutes.  I started jogging again and I was able to finish without actually cramping.  I don't know what the foot thing is about but I hope it doesn't happen again. 

Yesterday's (Friday) workout went okay.  I had a busy day and ended up only having a piece of cornbread for lunch.  I got to the gym after work and felt frustrated with myself for not planning better.  By time I finished my workout I felt shaky.  In the past I probably would have thought little food + a workout is a good thing.  Now I know better.  Darnit, why do I let this happen again and again?  Ok, I'm going to put some AccelGels in my gym bag right now (done) so at the very least when if this happens again I'll have an emergency backup plan.  My workout was fine but I knew it would have been better if I had more fuel in my system.  I decided to do the plank again and held it for 40 seconds without too much difficulty.

Another ongoing frustration is my diet.  I'm doing pretty well under day-to-day circumstances.  It's late nights and "special occasions" that are killing me.  When I stay up late I get hungry after a while and lately I've been eating a bowl of cereal.  Those are extra calories I just don't need.  Another thing is every time I eat outside of the house seems to be a "special" occasion lately, even though I know it's not really.  Most of the time I'm not even hungry, I'm just eating for the fun of it.  I need to intervene with myself.  Not sure if WW is the way to do that or not.  I like the meetings.  I just looked at the meeting schedule and, unfortunately, none of the times are an easy fit with my schedule.  I think I'll just hang on and keep doing what I'm doing but try and cut out the late night cereal and the eating for fun.  I really don't want all my hard work at the gym to go to waste.

It's Saturday and I was planning a gym visit.  Miguel is working and doesn't plan to be home until after 6:30pm.  The gym closes at 7pm so that won't work.  I can either pay a day use fee to go somewhere else or I can workout on my own.  That might be even better.  I've been wanting to hit the outdoors for a run and today is a 25 minute run.  If I do it outside I can pace myself, slow down when I need to without necessarily walking.  I can do squats, lunges and calf raises without a machine.  I think I have at least one set of free weights around for the shoulder exercises.  Otherwise I can improvise somehow.  At least I'll get it done.  Even if Miguel gets home earlier maybe I should run outside regardless, I think I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so last post was slow down sister, and today's is keep going, right? I'm really impressed by your running progress. Was that the first week of week 6? I'm curious to hear how outside running effects you. I noticed that when you lost weight before there were a number of times you had gains, but it always came back down again. Don't let one week get you down. You're doing the right thing, seeing what you can change. It's the long haul that counts : )

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle