Thursday, September 8, 2011

Slow Down Sister

I declared the party over on Tuesday but in reality it just keeps on rolling.  Tuesday evening I had a mom's night out.  I planned to skip all food and only have one glass of champagne.  Didn't happen.  Yesterday (Wed) I ate so much you would have thought I was in a competition.  I went out for lunch with a friend and ate a gigantic crab quesadilla.   For dinner my mom came over and grilled steaks and I ate a 1/2 one with a 1/2 baked potato and asparagus.  Wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the butter, sour cream, crunchy fat parts of the steak, etc, etc.  Not to mention I wasn't even actually hungry yet after my big lunch.  Then, after dinner, I had a board meeting at which I planned to have no alcohol and no food.  I did skip the alcohol but I ended up eating some "bad" appetizer type food. 

Because of all of that, plus the never-ending cake, I am considering taking a pass on my weigh-in tomorrow.  I remember Weight Watchers would let you do this now and again and I think it might be in my own best interest this week.  I don't want to see a big gain and start moping around and feeling bad about myself.  If I think I can handle a gain without getting negative on myself then I'll go ahead and weigh in, but something tells me I should skip it. 

The good news is my gym routine is still firmly in place.  My days off this week were Sunday and yesterday (Wednesday) so I will need to go each day for the remainder of the week (Thur, Fri, Sat) to reach my 5x a week goal.  I am doing Week 6/Day 2 today - two 10 minute runs with a 3 minute walk between runs.  I hope that goes well.  Then on Saturday I'll have a 25 minute run.  That should be interesting.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. lol..after reading this post i keep superimposing your face on Myra's from your last post. Pure joy while eating. It's just a few days of eating not quite right. You're still doing lots more of the right things. I hope you're not forgetting that.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle