Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Normal Reese

I got up at 5am this morning to head out for an early morning run. It wasn't easy, but I was meeting a neighbor so that got me out the door, otherwise I would have totally bailed on myself.  Running in the morning is tough for me, I feel stiff and it's hard to push myself.  But we got it done and I'm super happy with that because I have no other time to run 5 miles today.

Saturday is a 10 mile run.  Remind me why I'm doing this?

In other, more important news, check out this picture of Reese Witherspoon.  Is it me, or does she look refreshingly normal?  I wish we saw "celebrity" bodies that looked like this more often.  She's not fat but she's also not airbrushed into looking superhuman.  I mean, her thighs are touching for crying out loud.  If this were for a cover shoot you know they'd trim those down in photoshop.

Tomorrow is weigh-in Friday.  I'm sort of expecting a gain as I was up nearly 1.5 pounds at midweek.  I'll be happy if it's super small, like .2 or something.  Whatever it is, I know I'll just carry on.

I read this morning that 50% of people will give up on a new exercise program in 3-6 months.  I started back to the gym on June 4th, seven months ago now.  No giving up for me!!

6 comments:

  1. Why are you doing this???? To be around for your kids for years to come!!! Not enough??? You are doign this to be an example of a healthy lifestyle so that your kids will learn at a young age that activity is important enough to make sacrifices for. You are doing this for your kids! (and you just happen to reap the benefits too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo for passing that 3-6 month window! Im on week 2 hehehe got a ways to catch up with you!

    Christina
    http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it's fun :))

    Love that you included Reese's picture. (she's still probably really thin, but I agree...she looks like a human woman).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing this because you know what not doing is feels like, and you choose to be healthy! :) ...

    I always LOVE your posts! thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for helping me with why I do this. I've been thinking about why I get resentful on my runs sometimes. I think it might be because I didn't really think this half-marathon idea through before I committed to it. Or maybe I didn't realize what I was in for. Either way, sometimes my mind acts like I'm being forced to do this and I have to bring it back to the reason I am out there, and that it's by my own will and choice that I am there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing this half marathon for all those awesome reasons mentioned above. Let me add a couple more. It feels incredible when you cross that finish line. It pushes you out of your comfort zone which is, well uncomfortable, but in a strangely good way because secretly you want to see if you can do it. Somewhere in the back of your mind you know the truth - you can do it and you will do it!!

    Love that photo of Reese. She looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle