Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Clouds Roll In

Ups and downs, that's what this journey is about.  It's never all sunshine and weight loss.  Sometimes it's clouds and weight gain.  The point is to tread water while the clouds are out so you're ready to go when the sun starts shining again.  I had a great weekend, action packed and fun.  But the clouds rolled in yesterday afternoon.  In the morning we took the kids out for some fun, going to a park where there's a lagoon and lots of ducks to feed.  We were there for hours and had a blast.  I climbed, ran, lifted, pushed, jumped.  With my kids there's no sitting on a bench reading a book.  Maybe some day that will happen but for now they still require 100% involvement from mom and dad.  It was a lot of fun.

Back at home we put the kids down for a nap and I was thinking I'd go to the gym.  Wrong.  I was exhausted!  I felt super tired.  So tired I wondered if I was getting sick or had bone cancer (yes, I'm a little dramatic at times).  I decided to skip the gym and plotted out a new plan for the week.  Sun = bike ride, Mon = day off, Tue = gym, Wed = day off, Thur/Fri/Sat = gym.  That will hit the target of five days of exercise.  It's nice when these unplanned gym-off days come early in the week so I can change the plan to still meet my goal. 

Before I close, a quick word about weight.  This past week I was back up to 174.2 pounds.  Ouch.  That's where I was a month ago.  And I don't have my period to blame.  It's no mystery, I've been eating too much.  I've been acting like I can eat whatever I want and we all know that's not true.  And I suspect that might have something to do with feeling drained and sick-ish yesterday too.  The body doesn't run so well on junk.  So I'm thinking about joining Weight Watchers and doing the online-only program just to help with the eating.  I won't have to fit meetings into my schedule and hopefully I can handle the tracking.  I'm going to mull this over for a day or so because I don't want to sign up ($$) and then not do it. 

So, hopefully getting to the gym today will clear the clouds and get my energy level back up.  That's it from me.  Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle