Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cramping my Style

What a day!  I was in a semi-bad mood for a good part of the day, mostly due to cramps.  Which is the explanation for my weight gain.  I should have known it was coming given that I was in a completely bad mood on Tuesday.  Anyway, right now I have horrible cramps and am fighting off the urge to go in the kitchen and eat whatever carbs I can find.  So to avoid that I am sitting in bed typing, something I don't normally do. 

Anyway, my day at work ended badly and I left work hoping for salvation of my mood through sweat.  I did 25 minutes on the bike and then did back/biceps/core work.  I was a bit rushed but managed to almost do my whole routine.  I left feeling better but within an hour I was feeling snappy and just wanted to be left alone.  That's not going to happen with two toddlers.  I got through dinner and as soon as I'm done here I'm going to tuck in with a book.

The rest of this week is going to be nuts!  I have the 10k on Saturday.  I have to rush home from that to take the kids to an Easter Egg Hunt.  I'd skip it but I volunteer with the mother's club and it's one of our events.  Fortunately we have no plans Saturday evening.  On Sunday we're having family over for an Easter lunch.  Everyone's bringing food so that should be pretty laid back.  The only question is that of candy.  I don't want to lose control with all the chocolate.  Having my period this week is evil.  Hopefully by Sunday the hormones will have calmed enough that I'll have some control. 

My workouts will be wonky again this coming week too.  My gym is closed on Sunday, this past week of workouts is off...it's all a mess!  Anyway, here's my plan so far:

Friday:  Gym (easy run, no more than 25 minutes), chest/triceps/core
Saturday:  10k (and maybe some weight training later in the day if I'm up for it)
Sunday:  Off from exercise (other than chasing kids)

I hate missing Sundays.  Just throws the whole week off in terms of hitting my goal of exercising 5 days a week.  Might sound silly and trivial given all that I am doing but this is the other side of that double edged sword called being rigid.  The rigidity helps me meet my goal but it nags at me when I don't. 

Ok, clearly this post needs to be wrapped up because I'm not sure I'm even making sense at this point.  Thank you all once again for all the support around my ride (and everything else I do).  It's an awesome thing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so know what you mean! Mine came with a veagence on Wednesday night. My whole lower body cramps.

    Have a good weekend (and maybe another hot bath).

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle