Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Massage, a Hot Bath and Back To It!!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.  I don't write this blog to be congratulated but I admit I would have been bummed if no one cheered my accomplishment so thank you for making me smile.  And it's so cool that a couple of the women that were out there that day found there way here too.  I was able to use the coupon to buy a couple of the official photos so I'll post those at the end.

My recovery has been going ok.  On Sunday I got a massage.  I wasn't planning on it but my body just felt so sore and I thought I should do something.  Then on Sunday evening I took a long, hot bath.  I've been popping the ibuprofen pretty regularly.  The funny thing is, for the most part it's not my legs that are hurting but my shoulders.  Ouch!  I might need to get another bike fitting. 

I took the day off from the gym on Monday too but come Tuesday I was feeling like I wanted to exercise.  I was wound up pretty tight at work and also just wanted to get back to my exercise routine.  I went to the gym after work on Tuesday and did a 25 minute run outside.  I am LOVING spring and it staying light longer.  There is just no comparing running outdoors with the treadmill.  After the run I did legs/shoulders/core work.  With the bike having taxed my legs and shoulders I was a little worried about how things would go but I was pleasantly surprised.  Nothing hurt so I was able to do all my normal stuff.  Squats, lunges, shoulder raises, etc.  I did feel tighter than usual when it came time to stretch though.

Today, Wednesday, I am home with the kids so I can't go to the gym.  I wish I could though because with the 10k on Saturday my schedule is wonky.  I think I'll exercise Thur, Fri and then the 10k.  That will be four days of exercise this week.  My gym is closed for Easter on Sunday, plus I'll be recovering from the 10k so next week will be off too since I usually start the week by exercising on Sunday.  Oh well, flexibility isn't just about hamstrings, right?

My weight is up by a couple of pounds.  Don't ask me, I don't get it.  But I'm not letting it get to me.  Just following the plan and knowing that it will all balance out.  Ok, here are the pictures.  Check out all those raindrops!


4 comments:

  1. Hmm, sometimes post strenuous event the body's electrolytes can be a bit whacky so possibly you have retained some water post - event re; weight gain? I wouldn't worry about it. And I still remember how sore my shoulders/neck would get after being on the bike for a long time without changing position - in many ways it was my shoulders and groin that needed the endurance buildup over time, not my legs and heart!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, you are such an athlete now. I'm betting that your body is just flooding your muscles for a minute. Btw, did you catch that you guys werecalling me during lunch? Pb&j sounded good : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! congrats on finishing! Also, yay for massages and hot baths. They make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle