Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grilling the Pounds Away

The George Foreman Grills Weight Loss Contest is ramping up!  The starter kit, with our grill and contest booklet, are in the mail (I should get them this week).  We have to take "before" pictures, measurements and answer some questions about our behavior and goals.  And they're sending a pedometer too!  I've never worn a pedometer.  We are asked to track our steps and, I think, reach a certain step goal every day.  That will be good for me, I have a sedentary job and this might help me to get up and take a stroll every once in a while.  We are getting a suggested menu plan with nutritional information and recipes.  I don't know how much I'll follow the food plan, I can probably do dinners more than anything.  I am looking forward to having the dreaded, "What's for dinner" question answered for at least 12 weeks.  And I'm sure I'll find some keeper recipes to add to the routine as well.  I am planning to use this contest to help motivate me to push toward my goal weight.  The challenge group has a Facebook page where we can all interact (there are 45 of us in the challenge) and also get support/information/advice from an RD (registered dietician).  I'm excited, it's getting more real, and I think once my grill and booklet come and I take pictures and measurements it will be even more real.  Wish me luck!

In other news, I got a compression sleeve for my calf.  I wore it most of the day yesterday and overnight, and I plan to wear it all day today.  Heck, maybe I'll wear it all week.  I'm wearing capri pants so the sleeve shows some.  I don't care, we're in the middle of a heat wave - I'd wear shorts to work if I could.  And I'd wrap my calf in bubble gum and then dip it in honey if I thought it would heal faster.  I need it to be good by Saturday so I can give my racing buddy Laurie a run for her money at the Sprint tri.   In closing I'll post a picture from the second time I did the Tri for Fun back in 2008.  It's my Where's Michelle picture and I love it. 

Tri for Fun 2008.  Can you spot me?  I am looking directly at the camera.

1 comment:

  1. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    My page ;

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle