Friday, February 1, 2013

Trial Run

Creme Brulee French Toast and Bacon
I slept in this morning, quiet, peaceful, dark, heaven.  I think we finally started moving around 8am but it might have been 9 for all I know.  Check-out was 11am and I know we left the room sometime before then and headed to the restaurant for breakfast.  I was going to get oatmeal but they had a "creme brulee french toast" on the menu.  With bacon.  Who turns that down?  Not me!

I didn't get to go on the run by the river because I forgot to pack any bottoms to run in.  I'm a bit stubborn at times but not so much that I'll run in jeans.  So after breakfast we headed toward home.

I was still full at lunchtime so I snacked here and there.  And I was so tired, which was weird because I got a nice full night of sleep.  Anyway, by 3:30 I dragged my half-asleep butt off the couch and went for a run.  It was a trial run in the truest sense, I had to see how I would feel before Sunday.  My Garmin was dead, which is probably a good thing, so I don't know what my pace or distance was.  According to Google maps it was roughly 3.5 miles.  I forgot to look at the clock when I got back so I don't know how long I was out there, but I know I was running s.l.o.w.  In fact, when I stopped running I wasn't breathing hard at all and hardly ever broke a sweat.

Post-run
But my stomach, ugh.  I had off-and-on cramps through the whole run.  Dammit!  It's hard to let go of my goal for Kaiser but sitting here with a stomach ache as we speak and knowing how I felt on the run today, I don't have a choice.  I'll just have to go out there and hope for being able to finish the dern thing.  My legs weren't much better than my stomach.  My calfs felt sort of crampy and my legs felt heavy.  Oh well, there are bigger things in life and more half-marathons on the schedule and next year for Kaiser.  Of course I'm still hoping for a miracle.  I had a cup of cheerios when I got back from the run.  Am I the only one that eats cereal out of a coffee mug?  It's the perfect size for a snack.

Dinner was weird.  Miguel made tipico and I didn't think beans were a good idea.  So I ate a package of frozen corn in butter sauce.  And I followed that up later with lemon sorbet.  By about a half-hour ago I'd polished off the whole pint.  Corn and sorbet.  I told you it was weird. Oh, and I ate the last chocolate chip cookie.  If this kind of eating doesn't get me loaded up for Sunday than nothing will.  I'm not drinking enough water though, I need to go heavy on the water tomorrow.

So you might recall I made a goal to blog 30 out of 31 days in January.  I didn't quite make it, posting 25 days out of the month.  Eh, close enough.  But I'm going back to my 2-3 times a week routine of posting.  I love this blog and I love writing but it's too much for me to write every day.  If you're newer in your weight loss journey I hope that the near-daily posts were helpful.  But I will try to focus on at least a daily comment on my Facebook page.  I have to get my motivational fix too!

That's about it.  My next post might just be a race report!  The only other thing is what to wear on Sunday.  I'm thinking bright pink might put me in the right mood.  With a skirt, who doesn't feel good in a running skirt?  Or maybe a blue top, blue is sort of my color.   If I decide tomorrow maybe I'll post a picture and you can tell me what you think.  Decisions, decisions. Oh, finally opened my race packet, I'm number 825.  Say "Hi" if you see me out there!

p.s.  I can't believe this is the first time I've used Trial Run as a blog post title.

5 comments:

  1. Take the time you need to heal and feel better. The school where I teach has been slammed by type B flu and the kids are taking at least a week to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I love eating cereal out of cups, glasses and mugs - it's the best but my mom thinks it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never thought of that??? I get the BEST tips from you, Michelle! (The first I remember "stealing" from you was to order the kids taco kit at Chipotle - freakin' genius!)
    Now I want cereal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soo wish I had trails around here to run on. I can't complain about running along the water at all, but there is something about being immersed in nature that is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright pink would fit you perfectly! :) I think posting 2-3 times a week is absolutely fine. Don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle