Friday, March 22, 2013

My Happy Weight

It's Friday...woot!  I'm feeling pretty good today, enjoying the pleasant weather and my own sunny outlook.  I got out of the shower this morning to music and singing and little feet dancing around the kitchen.  If that doesn't put a smile on your face, well, maybe you're not a morning person. Heck, I'm not a morning person, I like to wake up slowly and lounge in bed for a while before I actually accept the reality of morning and get my feet moving.  But once I'm out of the shower I'm usually feeling pretty good.  And then add coffee to it and, zing!  We're in business.

Last night I went out for a mom's gathering.  I ate a very small dinner beforehand and then munched on some of the snacks at the club.  Lest you think I was out nightclubbing, I mean a sports club.  Our get-together was hosted by a local fitness/tennis/pool/etc club.  I had a couple glasses of wine and chatted up some of my mom buddies.  The mention of clubbing does remind me we're overdue for a dance night.  Must get something on the calendar soon.

Anyway, back to today.  I hopped on the scale in the midst of all the morning music fun and was pleased to see 138.6 pounds.  Yep, that's become my happy weight.  I do feel a little extra pudge in the tummy department, likely due to about a million times less ab work (and overall decreased muscle mass I'm sure).  But I know when I'm able to be fully in the swing of things again, it will tighten back up a smidge.

I went to my WW meeting today and was happy to see my long time WW buddy Gina there.  She and I have been at this game since my beginning over 6 years ago.  I had a nice time chatting about "diet" stuff, WW and the rest of it.  The meeting was good, though not highly relevant to my life.  We talked about Points used on beverages.  I'm a water girl so practically the only time I drink calories is for alcohol.  We talked about wine some, but mostly when I drink I'm not thinking about points or calories or the rest of it, mostly I'm trying not to think and just have a little fun.

Let's see...I had a plan to go to the gym and do a 15 minute run followed by weights.  But I had a lot of phone calls this afternoon and then a completely insane, too interesting to kick out person ended up in my office.  She got my attention by following about a foot behind me until I stopped and turned to face her, "I'm following you, I'm a stranger," she said.  Ooook, where do we go from here?  Turns out she knows someone I work with and had a few (entirely crazy but gravely important) things to tell me.  I got all caught up in the moment and spent too long listening to her, and watching her.  She was striking in her appearance, easy on the eyes, and, like I said, entirely out of her mind.  Anyway, that was the best part of my day.

By the time I got to the gym I had less than a half-hour to do my thing.  So I dropped the strength training plan and just ran.  I started out on the treadmill with a 3 minute warm up walk (as usual) and then hit 6.0, an easy run pace.  Things went along fine, I threw in a 7.3 (my previous fast pace) for one minute, started to push for two minutes and then remembered I'm still recovering so took it back to 6.0 for a total of 20 minutes of run time.  A quick cool down walk and I was done. 

Can I share a picture of my baby girl?  I took the kids for a haircut on Wednesday and I love her with short hair. 

My wildling child
Equal time for my boy...

At his 4-yr checkup, getting a hearing test.
And because this is a diet/fitness blog...I'll close with a picture of what I had for lunch today.

Curry chicken-n-rice, beans, salad and chili soup.
The rest of my food day was not stellar.  There may have been chips and cookies involved but to protect the innocent, I'll say no more.  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. 138 pounds. So jealous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But you got nothin' to be jealous of girl, you kick ass!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle