Saturday, October 12, 2013

Vincent on Running

“If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run", then by all means run and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

Ok, so maybe replace the word run with the word paint and that quote will be a tad more accurate, but does the source of your doubt change the point? Not really. It still amazes me that I can be this far into my journey and yet slip into a hole of self-doubt and amotivation. The good news is, I can look at the past, when I have seen myself, time and time again, pull myself out of this hole, and not feel entirely hopeless. I remain in doubt, I struggle with fear of losing everything I've worked for, but a voice in the back of my head says, worry not, find the way you will, you do every time. Is it weird that the voice sounds like Yoda? So I try to stay in patience and faith.

I just posted to my local tri group looking for a running partner for Sunday. That ought to snap me out of this and get me moving. Nothing like a time and a place to get me off the couch.

Finally, I'm posting a draft of the new blog makeover tomorrow morning on my FB page. If you haven't liked me yet, head over and join in the fun.

3 comments:

  1. Love this. I feel like I am trying to shush that voice a lot. You have a way of posting things that are so poignant and relevant to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, well said. As much as we wish the progress made in life went up and up in a straight line it seems to go in bumps, some of them much bigger than others! I feel like I am sitting right on the edge of the bump currently, slipping sometimes but constantly tying to re-connect to the "right thoughts" to stop the downslide...never easy with moods and hormones in the fray as well, I hope things start climbing up for you again, I like the running partner idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has nothing to do with this post, but it would take far too long to locate the post that it does have to do with. you remember when you first went to the doctor about your back pains and you found out it was because your abs were way stronger than your back and were pulling you out of whack in your core, thus causing the back pain? well, i had a session with a personal trainer at my gym yesterday and she was instructing me to do exercises that required i have a flat back but in my effort to do that, i was actually arching my back and had to consciously remember to pull in my abs. she said that was because my back muscles are a LOT stronger than my abs. i know why this is...it's because after my back injury a few years ago, i made a point to workout my back muscles so they were strong and i could avoid most potential injuries to my back. oops...now i have to workout my abs a lot more! thought you'd get a kick out of hearing this.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle