Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fast is the Old Slow

Blog makeover!! What do you think? My Facebook people have given it a big, meh, mostly because they preferred the picture that used to be up. But I was ready for a change so here we are. I have to admit, I kind of miss the picture too though so we'll see. I'm going to sit with it for a while and see how I feel.

Anyway...Tuesday already? Day two of the workweek brings two days of exercise. Yesterday (Monday) I went to the gym after work and started with the treadmill. I ran 3 miles (for the first time since my return) at 6.0 and 6.5 mph intervals. I made the mistake of looking up my prior interval pace, 6.5 and 7.5mph. That means my current "fast" pace is my previous slow pace. Ah well, that's how it goes when you fall off the wagon for a bit.

After the treadmill I did legs/shoulders/core. Surprisingly I did my whole normal workout without too much pain. It's a good thing I managed the occasional workout during my sick/slump episode, I'm sure it saved some of the muscle in my legs. Wrapped up with some stretching and then met a friend for dinner. I had a glass of wine and pasta with ricotta for dinner. Plus a little bread in olive oil. The food choices were not the best but I was good about portion control.

Oh, before I forget! I got on the scale yesterday morning and...dun, dun, duunnn...144.8 pounds. Yes, folks, I am a mere .2 pounds from my red-light weight of 145. Eek! So I decided to start tracking, just to raise my awareness a bit on the food intake. So far it's been helpful, though the wheels fell off tonight at my work holiday gathering. We met at a Mexican restaurant and I made the mistake of arriving hungry. Chips, cheese enchiladas and a whole lotta refried beans later and my points took a major hit. Track it and move on, right? Even tracked the sugar cookies, dinner roll and M&M's I ate at home. Yeah, not a stellar second half of the day. But tomorrow is a new day.

There's good news too, so let me close with that. A bit of balance was achieved with a solid workout. I started with 25 minutes on the upright bike, level 8 - I was doing level 9 pre-sick/slump - it was a challenge but I got through it by way of self-cheerleading during the last few minutes. Then I did back/biceps/core for strength training. I was pressed for time so I had to hustle but I managed to do most of it. I skipped the assisted pullups, again. I think I'm going to just drop them altogether for a while. Lord knows I hate doing them so why not, right?

4 comments:

  1. I like the new look! The drawing of the GGB & you is adorbs! Also your arms looked so ripped in the photograph. Thanks for keeping up on your posts. You keep it real! Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new, cleaner look and the simpler navigation. I poked around a bit. I had never seen your before, during, and after photos. I just read your tips for getting through a slump, which I really needed today.

    Looking at the photos helped a lot -- you looked great around the weight I am now and I have been feeling bummed about being stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the new look. and i'm proud of you for getting yourself back on the wagon and not beating yourself up because you're no longer at the same level you were before you got sick and fell off the wagon. you will get there again, you know that. just keep up the good work. hopefully i can join you on that wagon here soon. my motivation is seriously lacking though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look! It's more modern and easier to navigate. Thank you for being such an inspiration and sharing your life journey. I look forward to the challenges and accomplishments in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle