Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Positivity

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

I didn't post yesterday. I just couldn't bring myself to diarize that mess. I had a midday binge complete with cereal and chocolate peanut butter pretzels and I'm sure some other crap but I don't remember. I went home for lunch and, well, you know the rest. Plus it was a day off from the gym, which didn't help. I felt irritable the rest of the day. I did my best to not get snappy with the kids.

So, on to today, because it's a better story.

Breakfast: Kashi GoLean with almond milk

I felt strong, really not wanting to repeat the eating mistakes of yesterday.

Lunch was a rush job.

Lunch: Kashi GoLean with almond milk, an orange

Snack: Apple and blueberries over 6oz Fage Greek yogurt

That snack was very satisfying. Blueberries with Greek yogurt ...yum!

Gym time was approaching and I found myself having some negative thoughts about my run, "It's going to be hard, and it's cold outside." I challenged myself, "it's only hard if you choose for it to be hard, you can run slower, go easy, and wear layers." I also knew I'd feel like crud if I skipped my workout. A binge day followed by a day in which I flake on my workout ...not good.

Before leaving for the gym I was hungry.

Snack: Rice cake, string cheese

My run went well, I took it easy, telling myself if I ran 11:00 minute miles or better, that'd be great. I didn't have my Garmin on so I couldn't be sure of my pace during the run. In the end I ran 3 miles in 30:30 for a 10:10 pace. I was super happy with that. 10:10 feeling "easy" is spectacular! The only downer was the wheezing. It's just not getting better.

After the run I did back/biceps/core exercises. My back has been hurting more than a little the past couple of days so I took it easy on the ab stuff. I'm back up to two sets of three pullups and will start pushing to four soon. Something's going well!

After the gym it was time for some food.

Dinner: Chicken thigh, zuchinni with masala and coconut milk sauce over rice.

That's it. Today was a positive one. I'm shooting to keep it going with another positive day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle