Friday, February 28, 2014

On Point

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

I think I can officially, finally, after the sickness, the slump, the whatnot...I can officially declare...

I AM BACK!

And let me tell you something, it feels good. 

The last time I blogged was Tuesday, which was a day off from exercise. Since then...

Wednesday:
Gym - 25 minutes on the upright bike level 8, legs/shoulders/core

Thursday:
Gym - I was pressed for time so I could only run 2 miles. Given that, I did intense intervals, 2 minutes at 6.5mph followed by 1 minute at 7.0mph. I did those 3 minute cycles until I'd run 2 miles, which I think was around 18:30 or so. Just as I stopped running a regular gym-guy got on the treadmill next to me, I was panting and felt faint, "long one, huh?" he asked. "No, just intense." Whew. After the run I did back/biceps/core. That was a tough workout, partly because I was moving so fast and partly because I don't friggin' know.

Friday:
Gym - 25 minutes on the upright bike level 8, chest/triceps/core

I can't tell you how good it feels to be doing my weight training and have it not be painfully difficult. That's how I know I'm back. I'm feeling so good, I even snapped a gym pic to share.


So my gym mojo is on fire. That, and my eating is on point. 

I mean, On. Point. I have some examples for ya...

Last night I apparently felt like SuperMom so I took the kids to a local pub/restaurant that had a singer/guitar player guy doing all John Denver songs. I love John Denver and I thought it would be a fun adventure for the kids. But it started at 8:30, half-hour after the kids bedtime. So the adventure was stay up late, go to the show and have desserts while we listen to music. Here's the thing...none of the desserts interested me. Not even after a glass of wine. None of them really appealed to me and I had no interest. None

Not the bread pudding, not the chocolate brownie sundae, not the pecan tart... I didn't even know what to make of that. I didn't want any of it and I even thought, "Well, maybe after the wine something will sound good." Nope, it didn't.

The kids ended up asking for a plate of mac-n-cheese and since they'd already had dinner I split an order between them. Turned out to be a big order so I had some of that, which actually did sound good.

The second thing is today. I had lunch plans at a burger spot. Come midday a burger was sounding delicious! I ordered this...



A hamburger with jack cheese, bacon and avocado. And we also shared an order of these...


with ranch dressing, which I also used on my burger. You might be asking yourself, "How does eating a burger and fries prove she's eating on point?"

Because I planned it, because I stopped when I was full (I ate half the burger), because I knew in my heart that I was enjoying an indulgence and not eating out of emotions or any other unhealthy motivation.

Finally, my weight is dropping, I was 141.8 this morning. Getting back down, though my body fat was 30%, I'm ok with that. I just need to do what I know is right and good for my body and my weight/body fat will fall where it does. 

I wish I had time to write more about how great I'm feeling but I have to wrap this up. 'till next time!

What? You want one more gym pic?


Booya!

16 comments:

  1. Love it! You got the eye of the tiger baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile a lot! You've been such an inspiration to me as I've been on my own health and fitness journey. I'm glad to see your back on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. Inspiring others is the most rewarding things now that I'm in maintenance. Honestly, it's half of why I keep blogging. The other half being it keeps me focused too. Glad you're smiling :)

      Delete
  3. I have had the "nothing sounds good" feeling more lately, and u realize it is because I'm not really hungry, I'm just wanting to eat out of habit.

    Glad to see you are feeling (and looking) so powerful! Rawr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an encouragement! I love that you are "on point" and eating a burger. I'm slowly learning to be honest with myself and what I want and how to make what I want fit into my goals. We went to Red Robin last night and I had a petite burger instead of the large. The petite filled me up and saved me a buck! Healthy doesn't have to mean never indulging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, I'm glad to hear you said "slowly learning," it's the best way to go. I think quick change often doesn't lead to lasting change in this weight loss/maintenance game. Making what you want fit into your goals is very important. And right, healthy doesn't have to mean OVER indulging. But there's got to be a place for indulging. Watch that Red Robin though, as I recall their calorie counts were ridiculously high for what you're getting. Make sure you believe it's worth it is all I'm saying. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely on the calories! They calorie account was super high and I went in eyes wide open. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I knew you would be back eventually! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You inspired my posting the pics of myself :-)

      Delete
  6. How do you measure your body fat %? Do you use a caliper or some other instrument? btw, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Tanita scale that measures body fat. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Hi Michelle, You look amazing :-)
    I wish I had your motivation, any tips? lol

    Sara, I use a Caliper but it always seems to slip on me, is there a certain way on how to use a Caliper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choylo. It's not about having motivation all the time, it's about routine, habit, commitment, all that stuff. We know there's no magic fix, right? I know, I want the magic too.

      Delete
  8. Great Post...really motivating!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle