Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cooking Up a Storm

[PSA: "like" my blog's Facebook page to get tips and updates on my blog posts in your news feed.]

Anonymous
Love that you are getting back in the groove. I miss you when you are out of 
your groove and not your normal self in your posts! 

That's the first comment I received on last night's post. And my response? ME TOO! I miss me too when I'm out of my groove. The secret to dealing with the down times is a combination of patiently waiting for my mojo to return while simultaneously seeking it out, if that makes sense. You can't force it but you also can't sit on your rumpus and wait for the magic to happen.

Today was good. It was a day off of exercise and I've stayed focused on my eating. I got hungry in the afternoon and struggled to find satisfaction. I had an orange, a string cheese, some carrots...still hungry. My energy was dragging so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and have a soy latte before picking up the kids from preschool.

After picking them up we ran a couple errands, including buying chocolate to use in favors I'm making for Marek's party. Once we got home I was still hungry and found myself taking a few bites of banana raisin bread and having another string cheese.

The bread reminds me, I've been focusing on cooking this week. I'd gotten really lazy in the kitchen lately and decided to try and spruce the meals up a bit. To that end, early this morning I put all the ingredients in for a white bean dish with smoked chicken sausage. Very much in the comfort food category.

And the good thing is, the kids liked it too. Part of my lame cooking lately has been because they weren't eating anything. But cooking the same foods over and over for them is exactly the wrong thing to do. Their poor little palates won't develop that way.

And I've got all the ingredients ready for tomorrow's dinner, lasagna made with ground turkey and eggplant. Yum! Now, if I can just keep my hands off the banana raisin bread I made over the weekend.

Alright, that's it from me. I'm off to SLEEP! Tomorrow is a gym day, looking forward to a bike session and weights. 'night!


4 comments:

  1. Yes! Michelle is slowly coming back! I started working out at a gym myself and so far I am loving all the weight lifting! Looking forward to having nice definition by summer! I love your body! (Is that creepy? Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all :) In fact, my gym pic in last night's post were inspired by this comment from you. I figured, somebody's loving my body, might as well show it off. Thanks for the cheers!

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle-
    Seem like you are going through some major changes. But, even though it may not seem like it to you, your commitment to healthy eating and exercise has been a constant for you. I know there are moments, meals and days when the junk food and illness or general funk win. But, if you examine your trend, it is steady. You are maintaining your very admirable weight and commitment to fitness and making your kiddos a priority. I know the food/exercise seems unpredictable to you, but to an outsider, it looks pretty consistent over all. Way to go! You are a positive role model to many, especially your children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a helpful comment, thank you. It's good to be reminded that I'm not as inconsistent as I sometimes feel. And being a role model to my children, my first and foremost little watchers...so important. Thank you for the support, I appreciate it.

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle