Saturday, July 11, 2015

Peace is Every Step

I remember when I was in my 20's and seeing a therapist. During the process with her, some "old" issues arose. I remember I got upset because I'd worked on increased insight and personal growth earlier in my life and thought I was "done with all that". Why is this coming up again?
She didn't outright laugh but she gave me that "oh dear naive child" look and went on to tell me I'd be "dealing" with these issues in some form or another for the rest of my life.
It comes and goes, the need and interest to work on myself. But because of stuff happening in my life and all the changes over the past few years, well it's that time again.

I wanted to share because my posts might get all deep and introspective from time to time. I'm figuring things out and I do that through writing.

Anyway, this picture is from a very brief run I did today after riding my bike around town. More on this weekend's outing to come.

6 comments:

  1. Write away...and be as deep and introspective as you need and need. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's great that you're focusing on getting yourself healthy in every aspect of your life. i have been recently inspired to seek therapy to help me deal with my issues that come and go and plainly refuse to stay gone. we're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I received some advice a few years ago that still resonates, "be bold in pursuit of your truth." Thanks for reading Sara :-)

      Delete
  3. That's something I've definitely learned this year, that my problems and issues will never be completely gone--just the way I view them and handle them is different, better. I am different, better.

    Good for you for realizing you need to take some time to work to work on yourself. Introspect away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, in exercise this is true - running doesn't necessarily get easier, we just get faster and stronger and challenge ourselves more - and in our emotional life too. Thanks for the encouragement :)

      Delete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle