Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Groove

I think I've found my groove. I like going to the gym four days a week. I'm on a Mon, Wed, Fri (plus whatever other day works) as a plan. I do the Couch-to-5K plan on those days and the fourth day I do other cardio. I always do 45 minutes total of cardio. Five days left me too tired and I think I'd build up resentments about the gym that I don't seem to get going four days a week. Since my plan is all about maintenance I'm focused on discovering what will work for me in the long term. If it slows my weight loss a bit that's okay, it's not worth an extra 1/2 pound a week to push myself too hard and then relapse altogether. I do want to put more focus on my other goal of one "fun" physical activity per week, like a hike or bike ride or indoor rock climbing or whatever. Doing those things are a big payoff for me, a big part of why I want to get in shape; it's a big reinforcer to keep doing what I'm doing.


So, I'm wearing a size 12 today! They are a pair of Eddie Bauer khakis I got for 9 bucks a couple weeks ago. They are a tad snug but at least this is post-washing so I don't have to worry about too much shrinkage. I have them with a blue striped button down shirt with a larger striped sweater over it. I just took a picture of myself with my cell phone and I'm going to post it here so you can all see the top. It's so fun dressing more adventurously! I never would have layered like this before. Okay, here's the picture:


Yesterday I did 10 minutes elliptical followed by the Couch-to-5k Week 1 (again) followed by 15 minutes on the upright bike. I burned around 550 calories. Shin splints made an ugly return and I hate them!!! I then did weight training, lower body, and since I'm still recovering from the dancing the squats and lunges almost killed me! But I got through them and felt strong as a result. I can do it!! Crunches are getting easier but I'm not yet ready to add another set. One set of 25 regular and one set of 26 obliques is fine for now.

Well, I'm having a great week! Hope everyone else is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle