Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ups and Downs

I went to the gym last night and did Week 1 Day 2 of c25k. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical first and then hopped on the treadmill. It was hard again I did the walk just fine but started getting pretty painful shin splints on the first jog. After the jog I had to slow the treadmill down to a slow walk for a couple minutes to recover. So I paused the c25k podcast, walked off the shin splint pain for a minute or so and then restarted the podcast. I had to do this after every jog and it added about 10 minutes to the 20 minute routine. Double But I got through it. Then I got on the upright for 15 minutes. I start with 7 minutes at Level 3 and my legs were burning. I actually thought of the people on The Biggest Loser show and how they exercise until they drop or cry or beg the trainer to let them stop. I was in pain but if they could make it, so can I. I focused on that a few times and got through the first 7 minutes, took a one minute break at Level 2, and then finished the second 7 minutes on Level 3. The second 7 weren't so hard.

Off to weight training. Lower body, squats, lunges...The lunges are getting easier. I'm focusing more on my form and holding my upper body straighter. It's getting easier. By the way my gym was cooold last night. I wore my little workout jacket while lifting weights, usually I just wear it home after. Brrr. I don't think they have heat in there. In general I noticed things are getting easier, the hanging leg raises are easier, the back extensions. I'm doing squats with a 12 pound weighted bar now. I finished up with core work and stretching, as usual. I'm even getting more flexible. I love it!

My eating has been so-so. I'm so glad my cycle is over. That hormonal urge to eat is just too much. Well, it's Thursday...the weekend is just around the corner. I'm going dancing Saturday night! Woo-hoo!!

The only downer is the damned shin splints. Why did they return?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle