Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hunger, Clothes and Recovery

I noticed I've been getting hungry before lunch lately. My typical (like, 99% of the time) breakfast is 1 serving of Special K Protein Plus cereal with a 1/2 serving of Fiber One cereal w/ milk. The Special K has 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber and usually holds me until lunch. Don't know why I'm getting hungry these days. Probably due to more activity and lower Points allotment than in the past.

Anyway, I was trying to hold on until lunch today and then remembered water. I started drinking some water and that helped. Then a co-worker offered me a square of Ghirardelli chocolate with Caramel in the middle. Yes!

Anyway, so I bought some pants at Old Navy a little while back, size 12. Man, their pants run big! I already have to wear a belt with them. Most other brands I'm still fine in a 12. I was feeling grouchy about this until I realized that this is the type of problem one wants to have. Pants too big? Great!

So my legs are sore. I am hobbling around like I have a stick up my butt. I skipped the gym yesterday because of this and because my monthly Spanish conversation group met last night. We meet at Mexican food restaurants so I always have to be careful. Chips! I had a seafood burrito with black beans, no guac but with sour cream, on a whole wheat tortilla. It was ok but huge. I ate the second 1/2 for lunch today.

So I'll be back to the gym tomorrow but this will be another week in which I didn't get my 3 gym days in. Remember Michelle, flexibility, balance, don't get neurotic on me. Yes, I'm talking to myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering...how many hikes/bike rides equal one gym workout?
    12 with a belt to hold them up is not shabby..no matter where they come from
    Maybe bring a piece of fruit to work for a mid morning snack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why I love Old Navy :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle