Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Move More

My biggest challenge in losing this weight, and in maintaining it I'm sure too, has been balance. I tend to get that all-or-nothing thinking. As in, I can either go to the gym for 2 hours and do my full workout routine or I can't do anything at all. I'm either tracking my food, staying within my points, following the 8 healthy guidelines - or not. So I'm working on being able to do ok sometimes, not perfect but acceptable. A Weight Watchers' motto is Move More. I say all this because yesterday I faced a couple of challenges. Our boss took us out to lunch at a Taqueria. I ordered a shrimp burrito with black beans, rice and salsa on a whole wheat tortilla and ate 1/2 of it (it was pretty big). That was fine, but the chips were delicious. Of course it would have been easier if I never tasted them at all, then I wouldn't have known how good they were. Oh well, live and learn.

Yesterday was not a gym day and I sure as heck wasn't going to spend 2 hours in the gym over some tortilla chips. But wait, I have a new bike. And I have an appointment about 2.5 miles from my house after work. And hey, I could ride my bike there! So I rode my bike there and back. It was mainly flat, with a few little inclines here and there. It wasn't easy the entire time but it was fun and I'm sure the 5 miles burned a few calories. Maybe not enough to burn off all the chips (and guacamole) but that's alright, because I'm not striving for perfection here.

Today is a gym day. I've got my bag packed and I'm actually looking forward to another Week 4 C25k jog.

1 comment:

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle