Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Narcissim Waivers...aka I Forgot about Pictures!

I can't believe, CANNOT BELIEVE, that I forgot all about the official triathlon photos!  I blame this entirely on having children.  With my first triathlon I obsessively checked the photos page, I couldn't wait for the pics to post.  This time I checked once, they weren't up yet and I planned to check the next day and totally forgot.  Anyway, without further ado...

I have a big smile on my face.  I will have this big smile on my face in all the pictures.  I couldn't stop smiling.  It was like a nervous tic or something, I just could not stop smiling.


There were three shots of me on the bike but I like this the best because of the other cyclists in the background.  Still smiling.


This is heading out on the run.  I love the woman behind me with her hair flying in the air.  I'm quite sure she passed me moments after this was taken, you can just tell she's running faster than I am.  Oh, I have an idea!  I just looked up her numbers and she and I are remarkably similar.  I beat her in the swim and transition times, she beat me in the run and we were within seconds of each other on the bike.  We started in different waves but overall my time was 4 minutes faster! 


Almost done!  My smile isn't quite as big as it was before.  I think my nervous smile had finally worn off and I smiled purposefully for the camera on this one.


And the big finish!  Someone was on the other side of the finish line encouraging people to throw their arms up...so cool!  And my smile is back!


This is the "relief" image.  You can see I just crossed the finish line. 


Ahhh, my narcissistic tendencies are restored.  I realize I still haven't uploaded my Garmin data.  Who knows if that will ever happen.  I am looking forward to doing a sprint or two in spring to practice for my olympic in November! 

8 comments:

  1. Great pics!!! Love that you are so smiley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and the attitude. Next time maybe try wearing your hair down so you believe how fast you are : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that same "nervous tic" of a smile on my race (my first was in August)! Not to mention I have those exact sneakers. Love them!

    Keep up the good work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smiles!! I always look in such a bad mood/grimacing in my pics!! Keep up the good work, keep reaching for those physical goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the smiling in all the pics. I'm stopping by from And She Ran...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys!!! I feel dorky when I see that big grin on my face but you've all managed to make me see it more positively!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle