Friday, December 2, 2011

Unnecessary Roughness

First off I want to thank you all for the helpful comments.  I really got a lot out of receiving them - the support and in information.  Thanks!

I'm feeling entirely back to "normal" (whatever that is) today, which is a relief.  I still can't believe how impossible it seemed to resist eating but I'm just glad it's passed for now.  I am taking the advice given and will try to behave differently next time.  I'd love to believe there won't be a "next time" but I suspect that's not reality.

So, back to today.  After my total meltdown this week I got on the scale this morning and thought, "Oh."  I was down from my last official weigh in the week before Thanksgiving.  1.6 pounds down in fact.  Geez.  I sure hope my eating breakdown wasn't related to that friggin' scale because if it was I feel kinda silly now.  But I think it was more than that.  I wonder if not enough sleep was another factor.  I'm trying to get my butt to bed sooner these days.  Anyway, I lost!  Woot!  I needed a little boost and that was a nice surprise.  I am now exactly 1 pound from my mini-goal of getting to my post-pregnancy (pregnancy #1, that is) weight of 178.4 pounds.  Hopefully it will happen before the end of the year - that would be a nice way to ring in the new year.

On to other things.  My legs were SO sore today!  Ouch.  I was even limping a little bit after prolonged sitting.  My muscles are not happy.  But I think that means they're growing so that's good.  I went to the gym after work and figured I'd just try to run and if I couldn't, I couldn't.  I remember that even though they hurt once you warm up that sometimes goes away.  So I got on the treadmill and did a longer-than-usual 5 minute warmup walk and then gave it a go.  I was able to run for 25 minutes without much problem.  Normally I run on 1° incline but decided to go with flat given my legs.  The run was surprisingly easy.  I could feel discomfort in my legs but nothing I'd describe as pain.  I stopped at 25 minutes (instead of my full 32) both because I didn't want to push my legs too hard considering, but also because I was pressed for time.

After my run I did chest/triceps/core.  I feel like I'm getting better at the pushups.  I'm still doing the three "real" ones on the floor followed by 5 modified ones for three sets.  But the three feel a little more controlled, less desperate - if that makes sense.  Anyway, I'm glad to be doing them. 

Ok, so I'm wrapping up.  I'm glad to be back in the 170's for the first time since May 2009.  Again, thank you for all the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle