Monday, January 21, 2013

A Holiday Picnic

Busy day today.  I had a reservation at a local club (with childcare) for day use.  You have to reserve the childcare and I had 8:30am - 10am.  It was a struggle to get us all up and ready and out the door.  We got there about 10 minutes late only to find out they only reserved 8:30am - 9:30am for me and they were booked the rest of the day.  So I had to cut my workout short and still hustle.  I did 10 minutes on the upright bike followed by back/biceps/core.  I was able to get most of my weight stuff done, which was nice.  I sure do like my own gym though, so mellow.  Maybe this place was busier than usual because of the holiday.

Then back home to shower and change for a hike with my good friend Michelle and the kids.  We packed picnic lunches and enjoyed the fabulous February weather.  I ate a mix of snacks - raw veggies dipped in Skotidakis Greek yogurt dill and cucumber dip, Kashi pita chips, a string cheese, blueberries, and I finished Myra's PB&J and shared an apple with the kids.  I'm a little hungry now but I have a bit of an upset stomach so we'll see.  Maybe I'll have some bread in a bit.

My brave, adventurous, can't be stopped little girl.

Marek and his buddy throwing rocks into...what is that thing? 
Myra enjoyed running, digging in the dirt and stomping in even the smallest mud puddles.  Marek was more into reflective chatter between running.  We all had a fun time.  All of us came home exhausted.

Tomorrow is back to work, and a 5 mile run.  I hope I can run so hard that my brain shuts off for a while. 

2 comments:

  1. And THAT is why you are where you are in your weight loss journey.....I know people that would have gotten to the gym and found out that they only had 50 minutes instead of the 90 and they would have walked out saying it wasn't worth there time! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I wish I could have enjoyed the nice day outside but I was working :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't want to login, use the Name/URL option (just type in your name...or any name for that matter). If you use the "Anonymous" option your comment won't get posted. - Michelle